What's new

Sound Problem.... (1 Viewer)

Tim Horn

Grip
Hi I have the sharp sd-at1000 (it's my secondary system for my PS2) and I am getting this strange sound from some of the speakers. The front left speaker has interference in it during dvd or game playback (also tv) and then the two surround speakers get a static like sound whenever someone talks in a game. It is very strange, because it usually happens whenever someone talks, so could it be getting interference from another speaker or something? I am pretty sure it might only happen during Dolby Pro Logic II, but that is what PS2 games support.

The room I am in is small, but it has no computer or mobile phone in it so I dunno, I am also using a powerbar for the power cords.

Any ideas?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Try re-running your wires and seperating the wires or routing things differently.

When sound signals flow down the speaker wire, it creates a small magnetic field around the wire. Any other wire nearby can pick this up.

My guess is the wires for your two rear speakers run in parallel for a long distance with your center speaker wire. When dialog comes out of the center speaker - the rear speakers pick some of it up.

It could also be your electronics. Sometimes the channels develop cross-talk inside the box. To try and decide if it is the electronics or the wires/speakers do this:

- Create a situation where the L Front speaker produces a lot of interference. Turn off the reciever.

- Switch the wires for left/right front speakers.

- Turn on the reciever and listen for interference.

If the interference is still on the left speaker - you have a wire or speaker problem.

If the interference has moved to the right speaker - the problem is inside the electronics.

Hope this helps.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Your not somehow running the audio to your display and then to the surround from the display are you??

If so run it straight from the PS/2 to the Surround.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried analog L/R and the sounds seems ok???

That would at least start to narrow it down some.

Could be failure on the sd-sa1000.....

Tim Horn

Grip
Do you mean just use normal red and white cables or what? The front left speaker always makes a little noise, but I haven't tried using the normal red white cables for the PS2. I don't have the centre channel running that long with the rear speakers if at all, so I don't know what the problem could be.

John S

Senior HTF Member
yes, just for a test to try to narrow it down. If it does it there, the problem is in the AVR for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks