Sound or video problems with Enterprise from your provider?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rachael B, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I have DirecTV service with locals here in Knoxville and the UPN station's audio and video quality is pathetic. The only show I actually watch on this 6th rate network (proably a 6th rate affiliate too) is Enterprise. It's rare that an episode arrives on my DirecTivo without gaps and glitches. This is not rain fade. That has happened. Otherwise, my DirecTV service is excellent.

I like the direction the show has taken this season but I'm about ready to give up on it because of the gaps, glitches, and ommisions. Anybody else out there similarly frustrated?

2. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

I have a similar problem with my UPN station in Phoenix. I get it via DTV and the picture quality is hideous. No dropouts but the worst washed out, noisy grainy picture, with almost non-existant contrast.

Really a shame considering I love any Scifi (even Enterprise) and there is almost none on TV.

3. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

UPN is the same way here, but on cable, both companies (Comcast and Knology); grainy pictures, tearing, loud hums, complete drop outs. Funny thing, their "transmitter", and I use the term very loosely, is all of 1 block away from my office. I've often thought of running a 250' coaxial cable across the street and hooking directly into their satellite dish. [​IMG]

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Slightly off topic, but when do new episodes begin again?

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    It sounds like it might be the same all over. I didn't bother to mention that my colour was also washed out and that the sound seems less than cassette quality, when you can actually hear it.[​IMG] I can tolerate that, but gaps, ommisions, and glitches may drive me to other pastures. I wish Paramount would sell the show to a real network. Their's is a bad joke as far as I'm concerned.

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

From TV Tome: the next new episode is the 14th.

The digital (cable or satellite) transmission may be a perfect copy of the lousy signal from the 6th rate affiliate. I've seen the over-the-air DTV (not HD) from the UPN station in Los Angeles, and it too is really washed out with low contrast. The newscast from their studio looks a little better, but not much.

//Ken