What's new

Sound Levels for Stadium Seating?? (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I have a home theater room strictly for, well, home theater. Anyway, I have 8 foot ceilings, a 46" HD Widescreen TV, stadium seating (my couch is in front of an 8 foot wide platform which contains my loveseat that is elevated two feet above the couch) My front speakers are about the same distance away to the couch as are the rears, however, my loveseat position is closer to the rears rather than the fronts. I have excellent listening positioning when seated at the loveseat position, it is higher off the ground and closer to the rears that are mounted on the wall. The sound field sounds very natural, and I feel as if I am in a theater. The couch position however, sounds as if all the sounds are coming at the same volume, the rears do not stand out as much, and it sounds as if there is no distinction in any sound activity because everything is of equal distances, if this makes sense.

My questions are, what would some of you do in this situation with your levels, just leave it be cause it isnt the end of the world, or is there something I can do that someone recommends to keep the listening level at the loveseat, but tweak it so the couch is just as good a position as the loveseat. The rears by the way are about four feet away from the loveseat and the center fronts are about 10 feet away from the loveseat. The couch as I said has equal distances, about 5 feet away from back and front. Thanks for any advice, this has been baffling me for a while now.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jay. This is a bit advanced for the 'Basics' area so I am going to move your post to a section where others have built dedicated rooms and could give better responses. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks