sound from my speakers

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by MitchL, Jun 22, 2004.

1. MitchL

MitchL Auditioning

Please help with some info concerning the set-up of my acurus act-3 and mondial a125x5 amp. I can't get the center channel speaker, a Kef 90 to sound very good in dolby digital mode. When used in stereo mode the sound is fine. I adjusted the system according to instrution manual but the sound is still " distant". Any ideas? with the info provided. THANKS

2. MitchL

MitchL Auditioning

Please help with some info concerning the set-up of my acurus act-3 and mondial a125x5 amp. I can't get the center channel speaker, a Kef 90 to sound very good in dolby digital mode. When used in stereo mode the sound is fine. I adjusted the system according to instrution manual but the sound is still " distant". Any ideas? with the info provided. THANKS

3. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

almost has an echo to it? sounds like a dsp mode is on if just quiet then the level is to low

4. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

almost has an echo to it? sounds like a dsp mode is on if just quiet then the level is to low

5. MitchL

MitchL Auditioning

please explain dsp mode? level is high enough for stereo is there a seperate control for dolby?

6. MitchL

MitchL Auditioning

please explain dsp mode? level is high enough for stereo is there a seperate control for dolby?

7. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

DSP = Digital Signal Processing to give an effect of ambience to 2 channel.

Really the ctr should be silent in stereo.

If you can find the level trims for each individual channel, try to level them off by ear. If the center is of similar make and model compared to the left and right, the values should be close.

8. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

DSP = Digital Signal Processing to give an effect of ambience to 2 channel.

Really the ctr should be silent in stereo.

If you can find the level trims for each individual channel, try to level them off by ear. If the center is of similar make and model compared to the left and right, the values should be close.