What's new

Sound difference between axiom and swans? (1 Viewer)

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
I have narrowed my search down to the axioms or the swans,
I have not heard either speaker,I do know the axioms have a brighter sound,as where the swans have a warmer sound,correct me if im wrong?
I know I really like the build quality of the swans compared to the axioms,
and the price!!!!!the swan 2.1s in the faux cherry is 299.00 a pair to the axiom m22ti at 400.00 a pair.
I would love to hear from owners of either of these great speakers,or even better someone who has auditioned both.
Please help me clear up this confusion,it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh,and yes I am a newbi to the board,thanks for any comments.Thanks!!!Chris Q

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Haven't heard the Axioms. The Diva 2.1's are the best speaker for the money that I've ever purchased.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The Swans and Axioms will have noticeably different sounds. It won't be night/day like a Axiom/Rocket comparison, but there will still be alot of difference there. I would characterize the Swans as a more neutral speaker with plenty of clarity but definitely not bright. The Axioms, however, are very bright on the verge of (but usually not) being harsh.

If you can order both and return the one you don't like then I would do it. Since they are bookshelfs this is more realistic than for towers. They are both fairly large, but the Swans weigh in at 62lb a pair (vs. 32lb a pair for the Axioms) so expect $50 or so to ship them back (Vs. $25 or so on the Axioms) if you don't like them.

Hope this helps :)

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Thanks Stephen,
I guess I will be ordering both,i'll tell ya though,
the build quility of the swans is almost the selling point for me.
I know that looks arent everything,but I know me,
it would be nice to have a set of speakers that would be
considered a nice piece of funiture,than just the typical
box speaker,been there,done that,as alot of us!,ready for somthing different,no more jensen looking,black paper glued
on partical board speakers for me,im sure some of you feel my pain,allthough I know im getting neither with these two pairs speakers.
So allthough im not going to spend a fortune on speakers
atleast maybe I can look,AND SOUND like I did.:D

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
the return shipping cost will be nothing if buying both, initially, helps you to make the "right" decision.

there's nothing worse than sitting around wondering if you should have bought "the other speakers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks