What's new

sound delay (1 Viewer)

chun

Auditioning
hi
when i first started getting HT systems i remebered connecting my dvd player to both my tv and stereo player, (the stereo player had a passive sub woofer attached to it)
but when i watched a dvd, the sound coming from stereo had a slight delay in delivering the sound as compared to tv output.. so it had a echo effect. why is this?

to this day i still dont know why this is. i was connectiing it correctly with red and white cables..

now i have a proper HT system and i dont worry about it but it is still good to know why and is there a way of preventing the echo effect?

thanks

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
So were you playing the DVD's Audio signal through the TV and the stereo at the same time?

If so that echo can be easilly explained. Simply the processing time in the stereo, vs the TV's due to different sound processors, a different tone of sound from the two, the TV sounding much more hollow than the stereo, a set speaker delay time on the stereo that wasn't the same on the TV... and so forth. Get the picture?

chun

Auditioning
hey. thanks geoff!

that all makes sense to me now.. you know the more you learn about HT stuff the more interesting it gets.
im only a newbie in this field and this website rocks

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks