What's new

Sound delay on a DVD, how to fix (1 Viewer)

Scott Cunninghm

Stunt Coordinator
Put in a copy of "The Quiet Man" and the sound was at least 1 ahead of the video on the screen. Where do I go to adjust the settings so the audio and video are synchronized? Is it in the DVD menus, or in the reciever (or am I just hosed).

Just briefly, the DVD audio feed goes to the reciever, the video output of the DVD goes straight to my LCD projectoer (instead of also being run through the reciever, and then out to the projector).

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
It's always like that? All DVDs?

Maybe the projector takes a second to process the video? Sounds like you need to do a little experimentation by hooking it up to a regular TV and seeing if it still happens.

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
Some discs are defective and have the "lip synch" problem. It litteraly looks/sounds like they are badly lip synching. Nothing you can do there but return the disc. And there is no setting to adjust that.

If it does it for all of your discs, then you do indeed have a problem. You should experiment as Oren suggested and try and find out what piece of equipment has the problem.

Good Luck!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
There is no adjustment that I know of that will re-sync the video and audio like you want.

How old is your DVD player? Several years ago there was a lot of problems with "lip-sync" in Sony and other first-generation DVD players. This was solved with firmware upgrades in the players.

But it was a disk-to-disk problem and even with the fix, some disks are still a bit off.

Dan B

Screenwriter
If it is an older Sony, you may be able to fix the problem by pressing stop and then pressing play again. On my older Sony this occasionally happens & that always fixes it.

This might work with other brands, too. If it is happening all of the time, then I would think that your DVD player must be defective.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks