What's new

Sound delay issue...any advice? (1 Viewer)

JoeyLem

Auditioning
Hi I am brand new here and would appreciate any advice.

I am getting a sound delay from the receiver of my HTS. The image on screen is a click off from the sound coming through the receiver. It is especially evident when I am playing a PS2 game and the sound is up on both the TV and receiver.

I have a Samsung HL-P466W DLP TV, Yamaha YHT-150 600w 5.1 receiver (HT in a box) monster cables and higher grade speaker wire (not the junk in the box)

My receiver has a sound delay setting on the menue and if I am fortunate enough to stumble accross it and adjust it, it doesn't seem to work. maybe I just need to play with that adjustment a little more.

Thanks for any advice

Andy_Chin

Auditioning
Welcome to the forum!

The sound delay setting on the receiver adjusts the delay of the signal to the surround speakers only, not the fronts, so it will not help you out.

From what you are describing, your problem is that the video is ahead of the sound coming out of the receiver, but not the sound coming out of the TV. Do you have any of the DSP modes on the receiver turned on? The delay might be caused by the receiver having to process the audio signals before sending them to the amplifier. Try turning off the DSP modes.

Hope this helps!
-Andy

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
You need an A/V delay feature. Unfortunately this is usually only available on above entry level receivers. You might be outta luck although someone might come in here and tell me I am crazy lol. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks