What's new

Sound clarity issues (1 Viewer)

}{yBr!D^

Auditioning
Real Name
Damir
Hello HT God, I would say this is a nüb question this would be my 3rd HT setup more or less. My previous setups have gone smoothly I'm almost about to chalk it up to hardware rather than a configuration issues but just in case I rather ask you all to see if I'm doing something wrong. I recently purchased a Samsung HT-H6500WM to enhance my Samsung PN51D550. My PS3 is connected to the HDMI-IN behind the HT and the HDMI-Out to the TV. I've calibrated the speakers with their volume setup and distance setup and the speaker layout is the normal way not the simple way. My issue is as the title state it's the clarity, I feel there is a lack in treble in the system. The hi's are not where they're suppose to me compared to the mid's and low's to my ears. I've manually altered the frequencies in the equalizer to see if I could enhance the clarity but its a small increase. I was wondering if there is a setting I'm not seeing that could enhance this some for voice and those crisp details that would be missed in movies like the glass crackle and turbo squeals. Also, the PS3 is configured with the proper settings for the system setup. I can't elaborate on that now being that I'm at work. Any ideas?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Those satellites aren't going to knock you socks off. Did you have satellites before, or bookshelf speakers? Because once you hear bookshelfs it will be hard to go back to satellites.

Also, were your other systems in the same room? If your other systems have been in a "harder" room, the reflections might have enhanced the output. On the flip side, if you have a lot of curtains, think rugs, or other soft items in the room it'll suck the volume right out (and some perceived clarity).

}{yBr!D^

Auditioning
Real Name
Damir
My second setup were a Philips out of box HT which was about 8y/o no hdmi etc. (DVD) it did sound way clearer and were also satelites but the main difference were that the setup was simple mode being that they were not wireless. I'm not tryig to achieve anything mind blowing just clean crisp sounds. The bass is where it is suppose to be... Inactually had to lower it some to -4 because of how high the factory setting was set even for 0. The Front L/R, Satelite L/R and center are all +6 with the equalizer tweaking. There is a rug present right in front of the center (the center isn"t on the floor) and as for drapes/curtains they are pretty distant from the system. There might be an issue with the open space being that there are no dividers within the living room and dining area.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I checked the specs of that system and the front speakers have a .75" tweeter with a 2" mid range driver. The center has .75" tweeter and (2) 1.5" drivers while the surround are just 2" full range guys. If they are operating as they should you shouldn't be lacking for highs but then again they could be very low quality tweeters. I'm actually surprised that you have tweeters at all as most systems only have full rangers all the way around. I would almost like to say return that set and invest in an AVR and some lower cost bookshelves and see how that suits you. For the price you could get a pretty nice budget setup.

}{yBr!D^

Auditioning
Real Name
Damir
Hmm, well the sound that I'm hearing from the speakers when the actors are talking are somewhat flat. This is what I'm referring to as lack of clarity. I can hear them fine talking and the added sound effects but it's not compared to my previous hardware and as to listening to someone in person to give examples. Like I said, the bass and mids are phenomenal its just that crisp sound that is lacking. Just to cover, I got this system at $399 (427 w/tax) from best buy since they labled the system wrong. The put the box in place of a previois model (F5500) so they price mated it... Saved $200 dollars there. I mainly went for this setup because of the features and simplicity of having wireless rear speakers. All the speakers sound similar in the flatness of the clarity so its either the main unit not sending the signals to offer that clarity or all the tweeters are busted/lack of quality of material or my ears are shot lol. Nothing is obstructing the speakers even close up they have that flat sound to the clarity, a muffling sound. I'm still thinking its a setting issue being that when the system inline is using it's apps like netflix/youtube/pandora or FM it has a lackig sound as compared to the PS3 sounding way clearer with similar apps being used (minus pandor/FM).

DCPhantasm

Auditioning
Real Name
Darwin
Hello, I've been looking best output of sounds, then i found out it needs Sound Curtains to be able to hear best sounds ever. I like the materials for it and makes good reality sound outputs. I advise you to use this one because I've tried it and its good. take a look at this and you can see best materials used for sound barriers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks