Sound Card Volumes Vs Speaker Volumes

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Adam Sanchez, May 22, 2005.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Hey all.

I recently got the very amazing Logitech Z-5300e speaker system as I mentioned in another thread and they go very well with my Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

I've been wondering about something. What is the best way to set the windows/creative volumes for the sound card? I mean the master volume, the bass, and treble. I have the windows ones, and then of course the speaker system has it's own volume control too for sound, base, etc. I figure it's good to just set the Sound Card Volumes at a good medium and use the control for the speakers as my main adjuster right? What's the best way to go?

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

that's pretty much how i do it.

i keep all my levels (on my pc) at about 3/4 (but definitely no higher due to quick distortion). then i just adjust the volume and sub-level on my speaker system (klipsch pro-media 2.1).

oh yeah, i did have to dial down the bass on my pc a notch ... but that's just because the speaker system is so freakin' boomy.

in any case, as long as you're not maxing one component (or the other) i think you'll be fine.