Sound Card Volumes Vs Speaker Volumes

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Adam Sanchez, May 22, 2005.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Oct 4, 1999

I recently got the very amazing Logitech Z-5300e speaker system as I mentioned in another thread and they go very well with my Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

I've been wondering about something. What is the best way to set the windows/creative volumes for the sound card? I mean the master volume, the bass, and treble. I have the windows ones, and then of course the speaker system has it's own volume control too for sound, base, etc. I figure it's good to just set the Sound Card Volumes at a good medium and use the control for the speakers as my main adjuster right? What's the best way to go?
  2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

May 8, 2001

i keep all my levels (on my pc) at about 3/4 (but definitely no higher due to quick distortion). then i just adjust the volume and sub-level on my speaker system (klipsch pro-media 2.1).

oh yeah, i did have to dial down the bass on my pc a notch ... but that's just because the speaker system is so freakin' boomy.

in any case, as long as you're not maxing one component (or the other) i think you'll be fine.