What's new

Sound Card Problem (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm trying to use a PC-to-Phone service, but when I tried to call my parents, I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. I can hear myself through the speakers when I talk through the microphone, but I found out that my computer can't hear me, it just goes right to the speaker. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audio PCI card. Thanks.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Haven't tried this myself, but try muting and unmuting different sliders in the mixer.

Tell your parents to sit there and tell you when they can hear you.

Should work!

B

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Make sure your microphone isn't muted. It is by default in Windows. Double click your volume control (lower right hand corner) go to options, properties, make sure "Microphone" is checked (so you can see it) then uncheck "MUTE"

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thanks, guys, but I've tried all of that already. The sound from the microphone goes to the Wave line, so I can hear it from my speakers, but when I try to record something from the microphone, I don't get anything. When I did the sound test in the PC-to-Phone software, I didn't see an increase in the sound meter for the microphone test. Do you think it might have to do with a connection from the sound card to the computer? I'm at work right now, so I can't see if that is the problem, but I think that sounds like a valid guess. I may have forgotten to plug something back in while installing something.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
go into the volume control panel, go to OPTIONS -> PROPERTIES, click the ADJUST VOLUME FOR to RECORDING. in the bottom, make sure microphone is checked off.

then in the RECORDING CONTROL window, select MICROPHONE...

that should do it

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thanks, Nick, but I think that sounds similar to what the previous two suggested, but I already tried that.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Oh, okay.. coz from what i read, the other suggestions sounded like they adjusted the volume for the mic in the PLAYBACK volume control.

Mine you had to go into the RECORDING volume control window, and SELECT (not just unmute) the mic from the audio input window.

Just to make sure you were in the right window, in the PLAYBACK volume control, the checkboxes at the bottom say MUTE. In the RECORDING volume control, they say SELECT, and you will only be able to select one of the different inputs.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ohh, sorry, I read that wrong. I'm an idiot. It's working now. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks