sound card driver installation-please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, May 12, 2002.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

well, since i seem to either be the thread killer or i am just hated here on the board, i decided to start a new thread about my problem, perhaps to trigger an actual response. my computer was bought at a cheap computer convention, it has an internal motherboard, i don't know if i said that correctly, but what i mean is that everything in it cannot be removed or replaced. i had a problem with my ethernet card, which i addressed in another thread, but i solved it by just getting a new one. i opened up the computer and saw that the sound card doesn't even seem to have a brand name on it or anything. it worked perfectly before when i had windows 98, but i was forced to reformat and therefore went ahead and installed 2000. i have no idea what kind of card it could be, so what now then? did i confuse you enough? [​IMG]

2. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Do you have any CDs that came with the computer? If you do, one of those CDs might have the sound card driver on it. Other than that, I don't know how to help you. Maybe somebody who knows more about this subject could help you.

3. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

open up the case, take out the sound board, and copy down the FCC id #, then go to www.windrivers.com and use their search tool to identify your card. from there, we can direct you to the proper drivers

4. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

5. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Sam,

can you find a make/model on the motherboard? perhaps with the documentation you received with the computer?

6. CarlDJr

CarlDJr Stunt Coordinator