What's new

Sound by Singer problems (1 Viewer)

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I've purchased a few items from SOund by SInger here in NYC (B&K ref 30 and ref 7250) and have been happy with their service for the most part, but I just had to post what happened to me over the last 5 weeks.
I was in the market for a new CD changer to hook up to my Perpetual Technologies P1A and the folks at Singer had a CAL CL-10 demo unti for $900 which sounded like a good deal so I bought it. The only problem was that the display needed to be replaced. They told me they would send it to CAL to get fixed and I should get it in a few weeks.
After 3 weeks I called and asked about the status of the player and was told that they didn't know how long it took and that I would get a call when it was back in the store. I wasn't happy with this response and called the next day to talk to the person who sold it to me. He also said that he wasn't sure when it would arrive, but it should be "soon".
Fast forward 2 more weeks. After hearing nothing from Singer I decided to start contacting the people at CAL. They were very helpful and told me that it usually takes 2 weeks to repair equipment. They also mentioned that they got one CL-10 from Singer, but not with the problem mine had. Needless to say, this concerned me. I e-mailed SInger and got as response that they would look into it and e-mail me back later in the day. So yesterday I got an e-mail saying there had been a "mix-up in paperwork" and that the CAL was still in the store!!!!! After 5 weeks!!!!
I told them to refund my credit card and they just lost me as a customer. I know spending $6000 at a high-end place like SInger may seem like small potatoes to them, but come on! This whole industry is based on customer service.
Thanks for reading, I just felt like going on a rant. ANyone else had problems with these guys?
Thanks, Brian
------------------
Here's the theater:
http://home.nyc.rr.com/lasciviousboasts/theater.htm

Allan

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, one honest mistake and you are totally writing of a store? Sure, maybe they were careless and lax regarding your purchase, but it was a mistake. I have never shopped at Singers, but if you always have customer service problems from them, then by all means, stop shopping there. But you said that you have been satisfied with regard to numerous purchases. If you ask me, let it go. They apologized to you, realize it is a mistake, and that is it. I suppose that you never make mistakes at work? And if you do make one, you expect your customers to leave you and go to a different business.
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I think you are treating Singers a little bit too harshly. Again, I am not affiliated with them by any means, have never shopped there, nor do I even know where they are located.
Allan

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
I don't see where they made an "honest mistake". Sounds to me they were at the least extremely negligent and possible lying to you. That goes way beyond an honest mistake. And it sounds as if they weren't too interested in making it up to you.
You did the right thing.

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Allan, I understand what you are saying and I would normally be able to accept that they made a mistake and accept their apologies. Unfortunately, I called them several times during those five weeks and it's not like they only said they weren't sure when it would arrive. I was told by the person that sold me the cd player that it was at the CAL repair facility and that it should be in soon. He didn't even bother to check that it was still in his store! If I hadn't contacted the people at CAL directly that cd player would still be at Singer and I would have paid my credit card bill for it. That really rubs me the wrong way.
-Brian
------------------
Here's the theater:
http://home.nyc.rr.com/lasciviousboasts/theater.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks