What's new

Sound blaster help please (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I have a sound blaster live mp3 + 5.1 card, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to connect it to my receiver, there is no optical or co-axial output ont he card, if anyone knows how to hook this up please tell me.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You need a 1/8" to RCA adapter that you can find at Radio Shack. Plug that into your SPDIF port and you're good to go for coax

AllanN

Supporting Actor
If you wish Creative Labs makes a digital I/O card. With TOSlink and RCA S/PDIF In/Out. $60

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Right now that is what I have doe, I ahve a 1/8" to RCA hooked up, but that dosent give me DD5.1 when watching DVD's. is the only option to get the optical card that Allan mentioned?

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
John,

you have some software setting incorrect somewhere, as that setup will allow you to pass a DD/DTS bitstream to your receiver. Make sure that your dvd software is set to 'SPDIF' for the audio output type and that the digital output is enabled in the SB control panel app

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks