What's new

Sound bars for the hearing impaired (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Paul
Hi all,
I’ve got a hearing problem and when I watch TV I have trouble hearing the peoples voices they sound muffled. It seems the background audio and music is as loud as the voices. I’ve been researching sound bars for hearing impaired people, but it seems as if every review is the same. I was thinking about a 3.1 sound bar because the center channel has about 70% of the voices, and im thinking I could crank that channel up, or turn down the right and left channels and maybe that would help. When I wear my hearing aids they don’t help much because they just make everything louder. Any help, and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
You’d likely want to pick one where each channel’s volume can be adjusted, as well as being able to adjust the bass/treble — or at least a setting that is intended to improve speech. I used to have a Vizio 5.1 sound bar where this could be done (affordable, sounded good when it worked). I have a Sony now and it has similar features too. Check out rtings.com for reviews. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyCookie