What's new

Sound bar (1 Viewer)

Shep6901

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant
Hey guys! I have a thirteen year old 40” Sony lcd tv. It still works but wife wanted to add a second tv to the house. So I thought I’d try a new one for the living room. Lot of reviews spoke very highly of the TCL 55” Series 6. Tv’s aren’t the easiest to find right now. It was sold out everywhere. I almost spent a bunch more money but we are planing on moving in a year or two. Hopefully then the living room will be big enough for a 65”. The other night Amazon actually posted a few and they were sold out in thirty minutes but I got one. I was thinking of adding a sound bar. I don’t currently have anything but the Sony tv in my living room now. But my Sony was 1200 bucks all those years ago. My have prices changed in the Tv market. I assume this tv being cheaper the speakers probably aren’t that great. Any recommendations? I would prefer to stay around the $200 range. I could spend more but since the tv wasn’t all that much. Thanks in advance for any tips.

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Sound bars are the bane of home theater hobbyists everywhere. Ugh. Sorry, I cannot recommend a sound bar.

3dbinCanada

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ted
Soundbars will not be as good as a dedicated 5.1 or 7.2 channel setup BUT they are still a huge step up from the display's speakers. They serve a purpose for those who want an upgrade from their TV speakers without the complexity of a dedicated system. I have 3 dedicated systems and recently bought a JBL 5.1 soundbar setup for my cottage. I tried it out and am very pleased with it.

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I hope I am in the right Forum. I just bought my 80 year old Mom a 32 inch TCL LED TV and a blue tooth capable 2.0 Soundbar. The TV is not Blue tooth but has one USB port. I purchased a USB Bluetooth Dongle In hopes of having a wireless Experience (Since Mom has an old school entertainment Cabinet which try as I might I Cannot convince her to Part with which makes Cable management an adventure). Basically Im asking if The Dongle makes the Device it is plugged into Bluetooth capable and Capable of Pairing with the Soundbar

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
A few things need to line up.

Assuming the soundbar receives Bluetooth, the dongle must be a transmitter.

Then, the TV’s USB has to be compatible with a transmitting dongle. If the TV manual shows that the USB is for say, viewing pictures, then it may not work.

Alternately, if the TV has an optical digital output, and the soundbar has a like input, that would be a better option.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks