1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sound bar recommendation

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Cekkk, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Cekkk

Cekkk Auditioning

Craig
    New guy here with what may be an odd request. I have a Polk bar with Bluetooth satellite speakers in the living room I use for listening to both music and TV/movies.

But my concern here is with spoken lines in movies and TV shows. Dialogue in current programming and movies is often overridden by background music. Lines are frequently mumbled, unlike older works where writers and directors believed the viewers should hear what was being said.

I find these additional AC powered Polk speakers helpful and would like to duplicate the system in another room. But I don't want to pay four or five hundred dollars.

To be clear, the soundbar will be replacing the audio from the cheesy television speakers and I would like the bulk of the sound to be coming from the two satellite speakers that would be three or four feet from my head at the back of the room. Need a recommendation for a low price system that will do this.

We're in the Boonies so a trip to BestBuy isn't. easy Thanks.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Dialog problems are usually an issue of adjusting the channel levels, so the center (dialog) channel is increased to help with hearing dialog.

Your question is confusing. You want most of the sound to come from behind you?

3. Cekkk

Cekkk Auditioning

Craig
    Not behind but next to me. Simplified, it's in lieu of headphones. Thanks.

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Still confused. The sound bar is under the tv, but you want the sound coming from the sides? Why?

5. Cekkk

Cekkk Auditioning

Craig
    I'm happy with the Polk system. Just looking for something similar but cheaper. I'm flexible. Have you another idea?