What's new

sound bar home theater (1 Viewer)

jptcubs1

Auditioning
Real Name
jim
Can I leave my existing soundbar and sub connected while I have a 5.1 home theater? I will not listen to the home theater all the time. This way i can still have good sound any other time. thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depending on the hookups it has, no problem whatsoever. Nobody said you can only hook something up to one thing.
So whatever "source" you want via the soundbar...connect it as just an audio connection(I assume the 5.1 is a real AVR with HDMI...)

ceh383

Grip
Real Name
Chuck
As schan1269 stated it depends on your hookup options.
I have all my sources running thru my AVR, via HDMI and the TV hooked up to the sound bar via optical link.
Doing it this way allows me to use the soundbar or the AVR no matter what input device I use...

jptcubs1

Auditioning
Real Name
jim
thanks everyone. im going tomorrow to get a system so ill let you all know how it goes

jptcubs1

Auditioning
Real Name
jim
So I got a harmon kardon 1700 receiver and klipsch quinet 5.0 speakers. I just decided to disconnect the soundbar and sub. it actually sounds better without it, im surprised. Thanks everyone for all the input

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks