What's new

Sound and Vision test disc? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

Has anyone used the new Sound and Vision Home Theater Tune- Up disc? How does it compare to Avia and Video Essentials?

Thanks,

Aaron

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
It's due out on the 15th, I preordered it from Amazon.com so maybe by the weekend I'll know. The price was right as it was 14 bucks and change + shipping. I'm especially looking forward to the audio/sub setup on the disk.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i also pre-ordered this on amazon for about 15 bucks. i figured at that price, you can't go wrong! i think it's supposed to ship this week.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This disc puzzles me, given that Sound & Vision's technical editor, David Ranada, was the chief consultant for AVIA. I wonder if this disc is AVIA itself, but with some S&V trappings? All I know about it is from the ads in the magazine.

JoelO

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if this would have frequency sweeps, if so it would be really cool. It doesn't seem like it does though. Does AVIA or VE has frequency sweeps?

Joel

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
Both AVia and VE have the sweeps. The S&V Tune up will also have test tones for 6.1 set ups. This may be a light version of avia but will have to do until they finally release the Digital Video Essentials.

Dave

JoelO

Stunt Coordinator
So I guess the S&V won't have the sweeps?

Yeah, Digital Video Essentials was suppose to be out in November, then they move it back to January, and now who knows when it'll come out.

Joel

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
amazon just confirmed shipment. hopefully i'll have it within a week or so.
i'll try to post my thoughts after i've had time to mess with it.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks