What's new

Sound and HDTV OTA Broadcast (1 Viewer)

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

We have a crappy Turk/Trek outdoor antenna with the usual splitters and the like so we can use the same co-ax for dish and OTA signals. Our HD signal is phenomenal, but we aren't getting *any* sound. We've had occasional problems with our set (Mitsubishi 52", mid range set with built in HDTV tiner - platinum series?) losing sound, but now we cannot get any sound with HD signal, it's fine with the other inputs. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I figured that lack of sound would be accompanied by signal degradation as well?

Thanks!

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator

Could be signal, the magic of digital is that it's either there or it's not. In your case the picture is and the sound isn't.

Could be the tuner and the AC3 signal as well since you know it works with ntsc the rest of the circuit is working.

Try different times of the day/night and adjusting the antenna before calling for a service tech. Does your set show you signal strength by chance?

John

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my set doesn't have a signal meter. I played with the antenna last night and got improvement on the regular OTA picture, but no change on the HD. The fact that it is like this on *all* HD stations makes me wonder if something is wrong with the TV. Thankfully we have an extended warranty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks