1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Sound and HDTV OTA Broadcast

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steve Carlo, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Steve Carlo

Steve Carlo Stunt Coordinator

Hi Guys,

We have a crappy Turk/Trek outdoor antenna with the usual splitters and the like so we can use the same co-ax for dish and OTA signals. Our HD signal is phenomenal, but we aren't getting *any* sound. We've had occasional problems with our set (Mitsubishi 52", mid range set with built in HDTV tiner - platinum series?) losing sound, but now we cannot get any sound with HD signal, it's fine with the other inputs. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I figured that lack of sound would be accompanied by signal degradation as well?

Thanks!

2. John Whittle

John Whittle Stunt Coordinator

Could be signal, the magic of digital is that it's either there or it's not. In your case the picture is and the sound isn't.

Could be the tuner and the AC3 signal as well since you know it works with ntsc the rest of the circuit is working.

Try different times of the day/night and adjusting the antenna before calling for a service tech. Does your set show you signal strength by chance?

John

3. Steve Carlo

Steve Carlo Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my set doesn't have a signal meter. I played with the antenna last night and got improvement on the regular OTA picture, but no change on the HD. The fact that it is like this on *all* HD stations makes me wonder if something is wrong with the TV. Thankfully we have an extended warranty [​IMG]