1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Soul Reaver2 now a PS2 exclusive title

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Aug 30, 2001.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Actually, right after reading that story earlier today, I started thinking about exclusive titles, series' that started on PSX, and Eidos. So I am now wondering, where is the next Fear Effect game? The first two were great and looked amazing for being on PSX (granted they were only a few hours long and were on multiple discs). If they made a PS2 version, it would be longer than the first two (due to the space) and would probably look way better. Even if it doesn't end up on PS2 I would like to see the series continue on some next-gen console (I would assume X-Box cause Eidos won't put a game filled with sex and violence on the GameCube).
    Soul Reaver 2 is PS2 exclusive...cool. Blood Omen 2 is still on XB and PS2, but I hope neither version has any bonus features other than different poly counts or added particles. I don't want to buy both, and I would rather get one for PS2 (since I already have one and will probably get an XB later).

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Don't forget however that the fine print on that 'exclusive' is pretty fine. According to Blue's, its only exclusive in the US, and Europe may still be seeing a PC version.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

SR2 was originally in development for Dreamcast, then PS2. I could see them doing a port to the PC for Europe.

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    It'd be out on the dreamcast already if it werent for some Under-The-Table deals between Eidos and a certain company that rhymes with Phony and starts with an S... [​IMG]
    ------------------

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Actually, it would be on the DC already if the DC hadn't died.