What's new

Soul Reaver 2 Question (1 Viewer)

Kirk Lambert

Auditioning
I'm stuck in the dark forge. I've played it over three times and can't find my way out. I've got the dark reaver already and am trying to find my way out. The door you first come in won't open with the dark reaver or the regular reaver. Please help. Thanks.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Kirk,
Are you talking about the Spoiler: forge in the swamp or the Spoiler: forge in near the lake next to the stronghold?
Since each 'puzzle area' in SR2 is quite involved, I apologize for not remembering the specifics of the area you're describing. Have you either tried Spoiler: shifting into the spectral plane, or shooting a bolt of dark forge energy at the door (from the 1st person perspective)?
Believe me, I found myself stuck on the most mundane areas in this game (and the previous Soul Reaver game) and blazing past some of the 'difficult' areas. Just take a step back and meditate on your surroundings, not thinking too hard about an obstruction that's obviously not the way back out. I'm sorry if this couldn't be of more help.
cheers,
Joseph

Kirk Lambert

Auditioning
I'm talking about the one in the swamp. I've tried going into the spectral plane, shooting energy at the door, everything. Nothing seems to work.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
This game is known to have a few bugs, and getting stuck in the Dark Forge seems to be the worst one. You can find a discussion of this problem at GameFAQS.com . I'm pretty sure you'll have to go back to your last save and re-enter the Forge.

Peter_A

Second Unit
I ran into that bug. I had to reset the PS2 and do that area again. Worked the second time through.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Same here. You ran into the major bug of SR2. It got me the 1st time I played through.
EXTREMELY frustrating...to say the least. I don't know how Crystal D. missed this one. It's what you call a "showstopper".
Anyhoo, like stated above, you have to go back to your last save BEFORE entering the dark forge. And DON'T accidentally use the wrong reaver. That's what sets this bug off. You MUST use the dark reaver on that door to get out. If you use the "standard" one, it's bug city.
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks