What's new

Soul Calibur II US - What's new? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I've already imported the X-Box version from Japan, and of course it was awesome. I'm pre-ordering the US version too, because Namco has said they're adding some features for the American release.

The only additions I could find were Rock and Hwang (possibly to replace Beserker and Assassin, which is a half-ass "addition"). Anyone know of any others? Stages, Characters, Modes, technical stuff (i.e. the 4:3 720p wierdness)?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
New Release Date - 8/20/2003
Can anyone confirm that this is out today?

I've got it pre-ordered at my local EBX...I think I'll call 'em and ask.

I'll update when I find out if they've got it today.

Edit:
Update - they don't get it till next Wednesday, but the guy I talked to said they'd give an extra $5 for each trade in toward the pre-purchase of Soul Calibur 2.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I got that email too, Jesse, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation, including on Gamestop's website. It's great if it's true...

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Has anyone ever ordered anything from Gamestop's website? I was thinking of pre-ordering SC2 (PS2) for the Art Book and bonus disc, but I'm concerned that the book may be damaged during transit, and the disc isn't available at the B&M locations (you get a lithograph in its place).

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I've had good experience with the website; I got the e-mail because I'd preordered SC2 from it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
So I sent an email that basically asked if they were yanking our chain (politely). Sadly, yes:
The e-mail that you received this morning was a mistake. The game will release on the 26th as planned.

Thank you for writing to us at GameStop.com.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon at GameStop.com.
*sigh* At least I've still got the import version.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I've been searching around the usual game sites (IGN, Gamespot, XBox.com etc.) and I haven't been able to find out if this game will be enhanced for 16:9 TVs. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Carlo: The 480p mode apparently runs in 16:9 mode, but 720p on my 16:9 display runs at 4:3. It's an unexplained issue--some vague comments may or may have not been made regarding the ability (or lack thereof) of the XBox to run @ 720p in 16:9 mode--and hasn't been addressed in regards to the US release. The GC and PS2 versions are, according to reports, running 480p in 16:9.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
So, is there no hope that the XBox version will run in 16:9 mode with 720p?

BTW,
does anyone here plan on getting this game for multiple platforms? I'm really tempted, but "double dipping" on a game (especially one that's released at the same time) isn't something I'm keen on doing.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not a biggie for me since my TV doesn't handle 720p, only 1080i (and I'm not sure it downscales 720p to 1080i either).

But cool news that the 480p signal will be 16:9 compatible! I had no problem with the way DOA3 looked on my HD set and that wasn't 720p. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks