What's new

Soul Calibur II Opinions *IMPORTS NOT COPIES* (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I always use www.tronixweb.com Great service and prices are reasonable. There is a lot of Japanese in the story mode. I wouldn't worry too much though as it's just story stuff and doesn't really affect the game. There will be a faq soon. It's one game worth importing because it's not worth the 8 month wait.

Great game so far. Minor slowdown but nothing too distracting. I love Kilik's staff, he is lethal from a distance.

lardrell

Auditioning
do you know anyone who wants to buy soul calibur 2 for 50$
let me know i have one left and its new.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
With the GC you can buy a $20 program called Freeloader. Any local EB or Gamestop should have it. With the other 2 systems you have to crack them open.
Hmmm, maybe I'll import the GC version then. Are there english menus?

Mike D.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
SWEET!! Think I'll put my order in Monday :D

If there are English menus, why the 8 month wait?

Mike D.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
A question very often asked about Namco games. Why do we have to wait until August for a game that anyone with a kanji dicitonary could translate inside a month?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Played a little Gamecube SC2 at Starland (local Asian game/comic/anime store) yesterday, still waiting for my Xbox copy. Things to note: Menus and narration are in English, but taunts and Story Mode (Weapon Master?) are in Japanese. Everything looks damn smooth graphically, and sounds pretty cool, but ring-outs are too easy for both a player and the CPU.

My copy should be here by Weds, I'll post here when I get it.

UPDATE: This is just a suggestion for those looking to import. I went with Play-Asia for my copy. They had decent prices and an awesome selection. I got the XBox version and a PS2 official Arcade Stick (I have a PS2-Xbox adapter), both of which were in stock. Total including shipping (UPS @ $33--ouch!) was around $133. Well, I ordered last Thurs (3/27) and UPS just told me it was delivered. Very impressive, considering the package came from Hong Kong. Very cool...

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I ordered from http://www.buyritegames.com/. I got SCII for the Cube and the 3 in 1 converter disc (like the free loader disc). $90 shipped. I was going to go with www.tronixweb.com/, but they were on back order, and the final price with the free loader disc was $88 shipped. Hopefully I'll have it for this weekend. This is the first time I ever bought an import game, hope all goes well! :)

Mike D.

PS - Will be getting Xbox US version when that comes out.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Got my PS2 & Gamecube copies today. Definitely prefer the PS2 version's controls. Like the original SC, arcade mode is remarkably easy on the default setting, so the real meat of the game has to be in Edge Master mode. And I wish they would bring back the interactive endings from Soul Edge.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I FINALLY recieved my GC copy of SC2. How the heck do I save? Please tell me I don't need an import memory card??? I go through the memory card menu, but I get screens in Japanese that gives me to options... I tried both, but neither seem to work. Any help here would be great! Thanks!

Mike D.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I don't get what to do in the weapons mode.
The other character won't take damage then the game keeps 'pausing'
I don't read Japanese.
any help?

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Mike, u need another memory card but it doesn't need to be Japanese. It has to be formatted while you're in Japanese mode. Don't leave your american one in and vice versa as you can lose your saves because they're not formatted for the correct region.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Thanks Elliott, although I figured that out after I posted this and read the Free Loader instructions. I had a spare card so I cleared off some old games saves and got it to work. I think I really came close to erasing all my save files on my main memory card ;)

This game is phenominal! It does the first Soul Calibur much justice! Graphics & music are of the same high caliber, and the gameplay remains much the same, with the characters having some new moves in their arsenal. I need to get used to the GC controller...

Although I'm now really looking forward to the US Xbox version so I can use a controller S and read the endings (except for Link who is shown playing his Ocarina :frowning: )

Mike D.

Calvin_Su

Stunt Coordinator
Mike D -

Saving Soul calibur import onto your memory card will not erase your American save files. Trust me. All you do is this:

As soon as you boot up the game, wait till you see the screen that says "START" in the center. Do NOT press start. Instead, press Y. Then, you will be asked a question in Japanese writing. Choose the FIRST option. This will put your game in auto save mode, and it will NOT erase any of your american files. I have done this, and so have many others at gamefaqs.com.

The reason I tell you this is, well, it's kind of a waste of memory card to only serve as soul calibur data.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Calvin, I never knew that. I read on gamefaqs awhile ago that it would erase everything. I would try it but I got a free memory card with Bio-Hazard so I have my Japanese card and U.S. card. Thanks for the info though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks