What's new

Sorry Wronr Number, Silver Bullet & others on 5/28. (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Paramount is releasing these on 5/28 for $24.95 each. All are pretty much barebones:

Sorry Wrong Number

Silver Bullet

Graveyard Shift

The Fan

Will K

Screenwriter
Cool, looks like some good horror titles in store. Looking forward to Silver Bullet especially. The Fan is a fun, trashy little lost thriller. I'm interested to see what Paramount has to offer for Halloween, though the chances of anything uncut is about as good as seeing Jerry Falwell at a Pride March.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I'm also crossing my fingers concerning their Halloween releases.

Here's my fantasy Paramount Halloween list:

Don't Look Now

The Tenant

4 Flies on Grey Velvet

Let's Scare Jessica to Death

I Married a Monster From Outer Space

My Bloody Valentine

Any Hammer Film

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Don't Look Now and The Tenant were both originally scheduled to come out in the 5/28 batch. I wonder what happened ...

There is a Region 2 UK disc of Silver Bullet with a commentary track by the director Daniel Attias and the trailer. Will there be more features on the Region 1 disc?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Colin,

according to dvdfile.com it will only contain a trailer or two. And I don't think the R2 commentary will be on the R1 disc because the rights holder is a different one over here.

So it seems the region 2 version is still the one to go for. If this is true (and I think it might be) it's actually the first time for me personally that an R2 version was out before the R1 AND after the R1's release it's still the best version to go for. Kinda sad.

Now how about Cat's Eye on DVD? Worth it for James Woods' great performance alone. Don't know who's the rights holder of that one though.

Chris

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Yet more reasons why MGM is one of my favorite companies.

These same titles with just as good of a transfer would be available for $10-15 bucks if MGM released them.

Hardly anyone sells catalog titles for $25 a pop anymore. Paramount needs to wake up. At $25 on these titles, I ain't biting. That's just ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks