What's new

Sorry If This Is Redundant...Re: REVENGE OF THE CREATURE 3D (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I tried searching for a thread on the defective 3D transfer of ROTC, but got nowhere. Simply: I received my corrected copy and it looks just fine. More great work from 3D Film Archive. I even got a call from someone named Carrie (from UHE? From the replicator? She didn't say) who let me know it had been shipped. That was unexpected.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Considering you can get Creature from the Black Lagoon separately that makes too much sense.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Except that I don't believe any of the other Classic Monsters sequels have been released individually. Just the original films.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Some payed over $150 for the 2-disc set on eBay and now you can buy the 30 monster titles set for $79.99 on Amazon .

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I picked up the legacy set from Deep Discount last week for around $23. Glad to finally have Revenge in 3D, though it's not quite as much fun as the first film.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I still hope for a single issue of this title on 3D blu. I know I could buy the whole set of “Creature” movies on Blu ray, but I already have the DVD set and the first movie on 3D blu. I also know myself. This would lead to me replacing all the monster DVD sets, and my interest in the movies is not strong enough for that. I find the quality of the DVD sets good enough.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I'm not sure why Amazon never got the corrected copies for sale. Maybe they had so many complaints and returns on the original set they just washed their hands of it?

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I got the set from Deep Discount yesterday and accidentally watched the first movie. I then put in Revenge and it didn't look so good. How do I know if I have a corrected copy?
Thanks

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got the set from Deep Discount yesterday and accidentally watched the first movie. I then put in Revenge and it didn't look so good. How do I know if I have a corrected copy?
Thanks
The visual quality of Revenge is not as good as the first film. Not sure if that's due to lower quality film elements, or Universal's mucking around with the mastering process.

The corrected sets have a sticker over the regular UPC code, with another UPC code (which is the same as the code on the slip case underneath) with an extension code of 00022. Like this (though I believe this is for the 30-film Monsters set, the presentation of the sticker is similar with the 00022 at the right):

img_0014-jpg.50972

I also ordered mine from Deep Discount and got the corrected set a while back, so yours should be OK.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks

Check the file dates on the disc. There are some Disc ID somewhere in one of the threads, but if the file is date June or July you have the originals, if it's Sept/Oct you have the new disc

Look at the UPC and see if it's got the 00022 suffix

Basically the only thing that that was fixed was the 3D encoding so that it plays at a normal Bluray3D format instead of side by side.
How Universal handled the raw transfers after the 3D Team gave them their work -- while overfiltered, softened, etc) -- was not considered defective or needing to be fixed by Universal. Less than good picture quality (in our opinions) was never what the recall was about.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
The visual quality of Revenge is not as good as the first film. Not sure if that's due to lower quality film elements, or Universal's mucking around with the mastering process.

The corrected sets have a sticker over the regular UPC code, with another UPC code (which is the same as the code on the slip case underneath) with an extension code of 00022. Like this (though I believe this is for the 30-film Monsters set, the presentation of the sticker is similar with the 00022 at the right):

img_0014-jpg.50972

I also ordered mine from Deep Discount and got the corrected set a while back, so yours should be OK.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Thanks! It does have this sticker. I just can believe how bad this looks, although I didn't watch the whole film.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Thanks! It does have this sticker. I just can believe how bad this looks, although I didn't watch the whole film.
Is this the 2D or 3D you are talking about? I’ve read comments about poor picture quality for the 2D but not the 3D. I don’t have it yet, but I was under the impression the 3D is pretty good.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I Wish Shout Factory would release the 2D version of Revenge of the Creature ! In Better PQ. They are releasing other Universal Thrillers and SiFi classics. Why not ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks