What's new

Sorry, but I'm getting fed up with the fanboy crap in here (1 Viewer)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Fanboy Mode On
Hey, the C64 still rules! Jumpman is the greatest game Ever!
Actually, while a good game, it wasn't *the* game for the C64(especially because Jumpman was made available on all the 8-bit platforms). That honor belongs to Impossible Mission (also by Epyx). "Stay awhile.....stay FOREVER" Great game.
I've owned practically (~80%) computing and video game platform, the C64 was cool....
-Brian

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
C64 Sucks!!!! Amiga is where its at!!!

Actually I still use my C64 once in a while....whatever happened to Epyx???

Dan B

Screenwriter
I wish I still had my Magnavox Odyssey 2 & Donkey Kong ripoff PickAxe Pete. Those were the good ol' days.

-Dan B

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Odyssey 2, how about K.C. Munchkin? I also had the great "Basketball" game for that system. And "Bowling." Good stuff. Of course, I bought my Odyssey 2 in the mid-90's, 15 years past its prime. It was $15 with a ton of games at a garage sale.

But as for the topic at hand, I'll agree that this forum is infinitely better than any other gaming forum on the net. The fanboy crap always seems to pick up whenever new systems are released. Soon enough the focus should shift back to the games, and not bashing the system you play them on.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I believe EA swallowed Epyx at some point
The Friday the 13th game was a hoot for C64, run around and chop all the kids and see if you can murder the lot before Jason does. Oh, and to find out who Jason is, you have to wack the kids anyway, once :)
Skate or Die, suprised that hasn't been revisited with current trends.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
While there is a hint of fanboy attitudes here I also agree it is minimal. But I do notice an alarming amount of cautionary posts intended to halt fanboys before things ever get out of hand. I'd like to see a bit greater balance between the two sides. HTF is great but we're too quick to defend the peace. (IMO)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Since I'm well known for my...uh..."history" I thought I would say something.

I've been trying not to come off like a fanboy more recently because saying something negative does no good for anyone. Then again, if all we say is positive stuff, then it becomes just as bad as if we don't say anything at all. There has to be debate, just mature debate where opinions are backed up by experience, proof, or even perception. If someone says something false or states something as fact that isn't, point it out to them but don't ridicule them or ignore them because of saying something false. If someone has a different opinion than you, state why you have your opinion, but don't fight about it. We need discussion, debate, sharing, and bragging, not fighting.

With that said, the only reason I don't own an X-Box is because I'm waiting to get it with a ton of great games all at once rather than wait over time. I would rather get an X-Box and ten great games in a year than an X-Box and 3 great games right now, purely because I would love to spend a full weekend (or longer) just playing X-Box. For right now, I'm trying out Rogue Leader for GameCube. I'm also trying to make it one console per year since 1999.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Actually I still use my C64 once in a while....whatever happened to Epyx???
A lot of financial difficulties, a lot of overhead, dwindling sales. Oh, and financing the "Handy Game" didn't help.

So, eventually assets were sold off, and "Handy Game" was bought by Atari and renamed "Lynx". For anyone that enjoyed the Lynx, it was designed by the same team who did the Atari 800, Amiga 1000, 3D0 system, and a system that didn't make it (Red Jade).

-Brian

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yea I like debates as much as the next guy Morgan. But wouldn't you think it would be more beneficial to the forum and the debates themselves if we discussed Game vs Game instead of Console vs Console? I'd much rather particiapte in a "Jack & Daxter vs Banjo Kaz" thread than your average "Xb0X 0wNz j00!!" thread.
Also, if a thread was dedicated to a game and that game only, I see no reason to start bringing up other consoles. JUST other games for comparitive reasons (if the author/mods allow).

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Well I pretty much agree with everything in this thread. I'd just like to mention that I too feel that this is one of the best places to debate such topics intelligently. I spend a lot of time sifting through the "you moron / you idiot" crap that the kids like to spew on the other boards that is nonexistent here (thank goodness). I actually have respect for almost if not all of the people that post here ( including Morgan ;) ), which is unfortunately a very rare thing to find in a forum these days.
Dean

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I would have to agree that sticking to strictly one platform limits your knowledge and experience. I own several different platforms because each of them has a couple of games I enjoy playing.

I say own them all and play the games you like on each one.

Oh yeah, and this is the reason why they created the "platform switch." it's now even more convient to play a game on your PS2, press a button, and break out your X-Box or Gamecube and play that in a matter of seconds.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to get fed up with people whining too much (no offense to anyone). If someone is bugging you, just tell them that they are bugging you and why. Creating separate threads or mentioning it a hundred times by several people in a thread turns this forum from a fanboy war into a whining frenzy. Personally, I would rather fight about which console I like better than be whined at because of my opinions.

So I say we just let this go and get back to the other, more important, threads.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I would rather fight about which console I like better than be whined at because of my opinions.
Personally I would rather not fight about anything. I want to simply get on these forums and speak to friends and fellow gamers about one of my favorite hobbies.

Morgan the point of this post is simple. I'm calling a truce between you, me and the numerous people you have had it out with on this forum. I'm asking you man to man to stop doing what you do. Go out rent an X-box, play it. If you dont like it post why. We will gladly listen to your opinions on the matter and take you absolutely serious. For now try approaching your post from a more mature angle and as I said try to promote intelligent discussion not fighting. This thread shouldn't even be necessary on the HTF. Lets stop this bickering and get to the gaming...

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Oh, Man... Archon and Jumpman, what great games those were.
Let's not forget about the classic 'Bruce Lee' -That game was a blast when you and a buddy could play as Bruce and the big green Sumo, and then punch the ninja back and forth to each other like a tennis ball :)
Of course, I only played those games on my Atari 800 :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Romier-

I respect the fact that you posted an intelligent post about why I annoy you sometimes.

But, I have said for a while that the only thing I don't like about the X-Box is its games. They don't appeal to me. If someone starts a thread about an X-Box game and I say that many of the reviews of it say that it is a really bad game, then I am labeled once again as a fanboy, which isn't true. Nintendo has ALWAYS delivered a good product with good games (at least, of the ones I bought) and Sony has made the PS2 worth it, just in the last two months. Right now, the X-Box is not worth it for me, mainly because of the price and the games and the lack of its appeal to me.

I'm sorry if sometimes I sound like pointless dribble, but I do have sources to back some things (mostly those that aren't opinions) up. Someone asked why I thought there was more appeal towards the GameCube, so I backed that statement up with information and not just fanboy dribble.

If I say something that is an opinion, like "The X-Box is not worth it for me right now" I shouldn't have to back it up. If I say something like "The X-Box sucks and the GameCube rocks" then I expect someone to say something and ask me to back my opinion(s) up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks