sorry, but I saw something funny on TV last night

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hugh M, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

um,
    late last night I was cruising the channels, and one of the multiple home shopping networks had some southern guy selling a whole bunch of collector's knives.
    The title of the screen (sale theme) was "Bruce's Backdoor Blowout"
    it struck me as slightly funny. maybe you don't see it that way.
    also, I don't know if you heard about the supposedly true mess-up by a female news anchor recently? The weatherman had promised snow the day before. And the next day, she asked the weather man on the air "So, Where is that 8 inches you promised me last night?" I guess most if not all of the people on the set were unable to control their laughter.
    also, I saw a news clipping on Leno about a woman who had called the police in her home town and claimed to have gotten Anthrax from her E-mail.
    why do I tell you these things? I don't know, but I think this thread will go nicely with the others. [​IMG]
    I think TV needs better writers, cause I think those are the only funny things I saw on TV last night.
    I saw one other funny thing, now that I remember. On Howard Stern, Heidi Fleiss was on with her serious boyfriend.....Tom Sizemore. (natural born killers, saving private ryan, et al.) He has a "Heidi" Tattoo.

2. Craig Chatterton

Craig Chatterton Stunt Coordinator

3. Mike_Mig

Mike_Mig Stunt Coordinator

Something similar happened during halftime of a Bears game recently. Bonnie Bernstein was going to interview Dick Jauron, and so the play by play guy, whose name was also Dick, said "Down to you Bonnie".

The rest went something like this:

Bonnie: "Thanks Dick, Now Dick...(pause), WOW two Dicks!":b

She then asked her question real quick of Dick Jauron and ended the interview quickly.

I was dying of laughter.

4. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

all of this reminds me of why it is important for those people not to Ad-lib. You just never know when something you say might end up adding up to something completely different. sure its all fun of course.

5. andrew markworthy

There is a similar story about the BBC commentary on a cricket match which really *is* true (the recording gets played regularly on the TV). [Just remember that 'willy' has two meanings in the UK]. Anyway, the commentary ran 'the batsman's Holding the bowler's Willy'.