Sorround Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by ScottyH, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ScottyH

ScottyH Agent

I need to buy some sorrounds to complete my current setup. Im running Ascend 340SE's for F,R,C, and SVS 20-39 sub. All i need now is a good set of sorrounds. Im sure that the Ascend 170's would be good for my sorrounds to match my other ascends but 4 of these at the ascend website is a little over my budget.
    I am looking at a few different dipole/bipole sorrounds. I like the looks of them and i would think that they would be good for my room because it has very odd dimensions and is very large. Im up in the air between a few different sets ive seen on Ebay and couple different places.
    1)Cambridge Soundworks Newton Series S300
    2)PSB Speakers Image 10S
    3)Polk Audio FXi50
    4)Polk Audio FXi3

If anyone has any better suggestions or has any feedback on which of these sets they feel is better than the others please feel free to let me know. Thanks

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I've the the CSW S300's. I really like them. The ability to switch between monopole, bipole, and dipole is great.

If you want matching, though, you could still consider the Ascend HTM-200s.

3. ScottyH

ScottyH Agent

thanks for the feedback. has anyone used the PSB image sorrounds? I see that most of the places I've seen the two speakers the Cmbridge soundworks speakers are quite a bit less than the PSB speakers. Has anyone auditioned or owned the PSB's?

4. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

I'll second the Cambridge SW 300's.

5. EYESPORTS

EYESPORTS Agent

I'm interested in the Ascend 340SE for front pair and center channel. Can anyone recommend "in ceiling" (round) speakers that I can use for the sides and rear (7.1). They must be in ceiling. Thanks.