Soprons Season Three Next Week Q?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Ballack, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack Second Unit

Anyone know how much stores like Best Buy and Circuit City will charge for The Sopranos The Complete Third Season next week? I know I can check my local ads on Sunday, but I'm curious now. Anyone with any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. [​IMG]

2. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

Michael-
    Due to forum rules, we are not allowed to discuss or post prices for the upcoming week. HOWEVER, I can assure you that at this time, you will obtain a better price by purchasing the Sopranos Season 3 at Amazon.com. They have it for 64.99 with free shipping. If you include one of the $5 coupons found at either dealdude.com or at dvd talk in addition to getting someone to "share the love" for an additional 10% off, the set will come to about $53 shipped (over a $10 savings from any of the B+Ms).
    If you desire to purchase more than one season, some B+Ms will probably have a savings if you purchase more than one season.

3. Tom Rags

BTW-
    Even without "share the love," the $59.99 price with the coupon will beat all of the B+M's.

Just a head's up!

--Tom

4. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

This is the last time I preorder from buy.com so far in advance. Their rule that you have to request a price match within 3 days of the order is terrible when this happens. Amazon was higher than $65 I think? buy.com is still $72.99, at least I price matched cdnow for $69.99 and got free shipping and no tax.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I think forum rules allow me to say that you can pre-order these through BB's website for $69.99 and through Costco's website for $64.99...the preorder prices tend to reflect the in-store pricing.
    BB is likely to either discount it for first-week sales OR offer a deal for an instant savings when buying with the previous box sets in the series.
    As my local Costco can be depended on to have Sopranos on street date, I will get it there if their deal is better than BB's...assuming these prices hold. [​IMG]
    Look for my Weekly Roundup on the Sunday prior to street date for the final word on this subject, okay?

6. Tom Rags

True true, David...

However, as I said, if you are only buying Season 3, you will not do better than amazon.com with a coupon for $59.99 shipped (or $53 if you get someone to "Share the Love" for an additional 10%).

Like David said, if you are planning on buying more than one season, a major retailer will most certinaly be offering a specific amount of if you buy more than one season....so your decision should be based on if you are getting more than Season 3.

7. Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack Second Unit

Thanks everyone. To all the Mods out there: I'M SORRY. I should have looked at the rules more carefully. I won't ask about the prices before they're out again. :b

8. Phil Tomaskovic

If anyone orders it from Amazon soon, I'd appreciate getting put on the "Share the Love" list for it. I will return my buy.com order if I can get it for less than $60.
    Thanks!

9. Dave N.

Dave N. Stunt Coordinator

What is the earliest that an amazon order would arrive assuming overnight shipping. Will they get it shipped Tues or possibly Mon.?

Dave

10. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Hey, Tom: thanks for that link to DVD Talk's amazon thread. I just saved myself $5.

11. Phil Tomaskovic

I used the $5 code on dealdude.com (couldn't find the one on dvdtalk.com) and it showed my order summary with it discounted. But then my email confirmation showed my order as $64.99. Did the code get rejected somehow or does the order confirmation not know about it?

12. Phil Tomaskovic

I searched for the code on google and it sounds like this code may be barred. I emailed amazon asking about it so I don't know if I will get it or not.

13. Tom Rags

Phil-
    Here is the direct link to the amazon coupon codes from dvdtalk. There are many on there, so at least ONE of them should work for you. Also, you may want to explore their "bargains" section for information on how to get somebody to "share the love" with you.
    Hope this helps...
    --Tom

14. Tom Rags

One other thing....

Amazon has been showing a few problems (as you described Phil) where the coupon shows up on one page and then is not there on the order summary page. Most of the time, the discount is still really there, but you can always contact a CSR to be certain.

--Tom

15. Phil Tomaskovic

Thanks Tom, I used the first one. Like I said, a news article I found in google said this code was only allowed via certain referal links (I guess) and the internet provider was threatening to kill accounts that were posting these codes. Don't know how accurate this is. I did email amazon and will see what happens. I did refer a couple people from work who said they wanted it so at least I will be getting share the love credit from one of them.

16. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I just ordered off Amazon, used a coupon code from Tom Rags post, third one down (most recent). It worked, so 59.99 shipped. Not too bad I guess.

NOTE: When I got the confirmation email it did not show the coupon. I called CS and they said the coupon is in my record and is valid. It will be applied when the order ships and the credit card is billed at that time.

I printed the page out showing the coupon code applied, in case I have any trouble.

17. Phil Tomaskovic

I emailed amazon about my coupon too and she said it should apply. If the email when it ships doesn't reflect it, she said to email them again and she will take care of it.
    And the post office said all I had to do was mark "Refuse delivery" on my buy.com order's package (and not open it) and they would sent it back no charge!

18. Tom Rags

The same coupon problem ocurred when I ordered Speed and The Simpsons (in one shipment) from them a few weeks back. The coupon didn't show up in my order summary, but it was really there (and the correct amount was charged to my credit card). Also, I checked it daily to see when it would ship, and on the release date, it claimed it hadn't even shipped yet. Lo and behold, the DVDs arrived the next day (the Wednesday after release) even though the summary claimed that they hadn't even shipped yet (??). According to my order summary, they still have yet to be shipped. [​IMG]
    The moral of the story is that Amazon really needs to check out the bugs in their system [​IMG]

19. Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M Second Unit

I placed my order using the 'mapfleettsh..' code last night and it worked fine, some of the other codes were rejected, my confirmation email reflects the $5.00 coupon, $59.99 total, no tax, no shipping charge, no hassles,just the way I like it. thanks for the tip guys!