What's new

Sopranos Season One Question (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
I've decided to re-watch all of the Sopranos. I'm glad I did because I'm picking up things that I missed the first time around. I recently got through all of season one, but during the last episode the DVD froze(on two machines). There were alot of finger prints on the rental disc and it still freezes after cleaning it.
Does anybody know what happens after minute 52 of the episode. The DVD froze right after the priest and Carmella had the argument.

Thanks
KrisM

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Did you see the part where Tony tells his crew he's been seeing a therapist?

Tony finds out his mother had a stroke. He visits her at Green Grove as she's being wheeled into the hospital area. He accuses her of trying to have him whacked. He also says she's smiling under her oxygen mask.

Tony drives the family to a relative's house as the thunderstorm rages. They figure they'll never make it to the relative's house in this poor weather, and stop at Vesuvio's (after closing). Artie lets them in and they enjoy dinner by candlelight as the storm rages outside.

END OF SEASON ONE

KrisM

Second Unit
Thanks Rob. I remember those scenes. I think the disc froze right as Tony was going to see his mother.
I think I'll see if Blockbuster will give me a free rental since this disc is damaged. Time to start with season two!:)

Regards
KrisM

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Enjoy!

Season 2 is the best, in my opinion. Big Pussy, Gramma Soprano, Janice, Richie Aprile, Meadow's boyfriend's dad, Frank Sinatra Jr. . . .

KrisM

Second Unit
Thats why I'm re-watching. I enjoyed most of the episodes but I can't remember which seasons are which. I thought the Big Pussy story was wrapped up in season one. I also thought Janice showed-up at the end of season one.
I really liked Furio and Raplhie's characters, I'm looking forward to those episodes.

Regards
KrisM

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
SPOILER FOR SEASON ONE FINALE

That's not exactly right. Tony went to the home to kill his mother, as we see him grab a pillow on his way in, presumably to strangle her. When she is not in her room, a nurse says she had a stroke and is being wheeled away. Tony runs up to her and says that he knows she tried to have him killed. She starts smiling under the oxygen mask and the orderlies push Tony away. His mother gets wheeled away as Tony is shouting "She's smiling! She's smiling!"

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Actually Sam, that would be to smother her.

Thing is later people talk about it and say he was trying to kill his own mother, to smother her. But he never really gets near her with the pillow. He tosses is to the lady who tells him about the stroke.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks