What's new

Sopranos-season 6 (no s5 spoilers please) (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Ok, first off let me say that I haven't seen season 5 yet (waiting for the DVDs), and would like to try to avoid any spoilers for it (managed so far...)

I remember hearing that seasons 4 and 5 were basically the final season stretched to fill two years. Now I hear that there's going to be a season 6? Since I don't want to spoil s5, I don't really want to start searching for information, but I do want to know;

-Is there a sixth season coming?
-Any plans for when?
-Will it be the final season, or has it become a "release it until it's unpopular" type of thing.

Thanks for the info guys-those s5 DVDs can't get here soon enough (this fall hopefully).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

David Chase has repeatedly said that the sixth season will be the end. Edie Falco, in a recent interview, confirmed this.

M.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's about what I expected (as far as the 2006 thing). Sounds pretty reasonable for a high caliber show... I'm curious as to why plans for ending the series changed (whether it was story or money), but hopefully once the season 5 discs come out things will make sense.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Frank Vincent (who played Phil in season 5) was on CNBC this morning and said that David Chase is just now writing season 6 in France somewhere. The hosts on CNBC were trying to ask him what was going to happen in season 6, and he said Chase is writing it now. Then they asked again!

By all reports, season 6 filming doesn't begin til early 2005. I'd say we are 18-20 months away from seeing more episodes.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Well they knew it was gonna go past season 5 in some form. I think it at last years Golden Globes, they said there would be a season 5 and then probally 1 or 2 Soprano films.

Then they announced a few months later that they were doing season 6 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks