What's new

Sopranos...season 5? (1 Viewer)

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone had any news at all about a possible release date...or any news in general.

Thanks

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
thanks guys.....thats brutal...
I guess I'll have to start checking my HBO "On Demand" for upcoming season 5 episodes........

Tom HD

Auditioning
How about the DVDs of season 5 listed on e-bay? Some are from the US and others say they are from Asian releases.

Rutgar

Second Unit
It just kills me, that they take so long in between seasons on this show. Talk about milking it. I can't think of any other TV show that spits in thier fans faces, the way this one does.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's HBO doing the Spitting. At least other shows like the Shield and Dead Zone come out in a reasonable time so people that only watch on DVD can keep up

Rutgar

Second Unit
Yes. But, I'm not just talking about the DVD releases. I'm also talking about the time between actual aired seasons. What other show, could get away with 2 years in between seasons, and on top of that, produce only half the amount of shows that usually constitutes a full season?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They take so long between seasons so they can make a quality product. Fortunately, HBO doesn't say "You have to the episodes finsihed by this date for a season premiere no matter what."

That's the exact opposite of spitting in fans' faces. You may have to wait but the wait gives you a better product in the end.

And almost all new shows have their DVD release come out near the season premiere. They use the DVDs as a marketing tool for the new season. Including the above mentioned The Shield and The Dead Zone. Unfortunately since there's a huge gap between seasons of The Sopranos, there's also a huge gap between DVD sets. My point is that you have to wait but it pays off in the end:)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

But it's not like The Sopranos is some fledgling little show with only moderate public awareness. Anyone who does not live in a cave knows about "The Sopranos" and all the positive buzz surrounding it. I think for "The Sopranos" the DVD sets and the premiere can stand on their own and it is unnecessary to withhold Season Five to co-nincide with the premiere of Season Six.

Rutgar

Second Unit

Really? Is that why about a third of last seasons episodes totally blew chunks (ala "Dallas" Let's make this whole episode a dream), and were mainly filler? Plus, how do explain shows like "24". They do a full 24 episode season, start every year on time, and maintain quality. I really don't think the "quality" argument washes. If they were actually "working" on the show for the full two years, I would agree with you. But, I think we both know, that that's simply not the case.

I know the Australian release dates tend to be different, but we have a tentative relase date from Warner (local distributor) for a late January release.

However, this hasn't been confirmed recently, and I haven't received any additional press releases, so I'm doubtful. Still chances are we may get it before the US.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
HBO is bumping up the release date for the DVD of the fifth season to June 7.

heard it here first. (i think);)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
edited to say...
oops didnt see that. so.

ok, heard it there first. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks