What's new

Sopranos Season 4 Review and Discussion Thread Shows 1-12 (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Johnny Sack won't ever run the NY family, thanks to Little Carmine. He's after the NJ family, IMO. If Carmine Sr. dies ("God forbid" ;) ) Johnny can blame Tony, and replace him. He's already got his house over in NJ.
I agree with the others in this thread: Johnny Sack is first in line to talk to Big Pussy, and it wouldn't surprise me if Paulie has something to do with it.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
BTW for you out of NYers.

The large inflatable rat that the laborors union used when they closed down the Promonade site is the exact same inflatable rat that the real unions in the NY area use for thier protests. I believe he's called Robbie the Rat and he was posted outside of the MTA offices where I work for weeks protesting non-union labor in the building of some MTA structures. A great touch of reality that really hammered the scene home for me.

BTW can someone explain Johnnie Sach's reaction to Carmine Jr.'s turnaround on tony? Why would Johnny want Carmine to settle with Tony if all along he was trying to use tony to off carmine?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I also dont think the show will end with Meadow or Janice running things. My personal feelings all along was that Christopher would take over after Tony drops dead on his kitchen floor in the last episode.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
If carmine were to get killed, it would be johnny sack that takes over, not little carmine.
johnny sack is carmine's underboss not little carmine.. little carmine doesn't even live in ny, he's down in miami.

Johnny sack is not happy with carmine for going against him during the ralphy situation. He wanted carmine to give him the ok to kill ralphy, and he didn't..
he wants carmine out, and he wants in.

tony isn't dumb enough to take out carmine himself, this hud thing isn't enough to justify that, the other families woudn't go for it.

remember that tony was ready to wack out johnny sack before things fell through.

it will be interesting to see what happens in the next episode, and next year on this issue.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
it seems to me as if johnny sack and little carmine are working together. on the golf course, little carmine would say things to his father trying to appease him about tony, but then say "although..." and mention something about him to piss carmine off. and it's johnny sack playing the hardline with tony over the hud thing, but making it sound as if this is coming from carmine.

i believe that johnny is hinting to tony that if carmine was whacked, all the hud problems would go away, and that's what tony took away from the meeting, that johnny wants him to whack carmine. but if he does, i think that will give little carmine and johnny the excuse to go after the nj mob, clean their house, and then install johnny as head boss there, while little carmine takes over new york.

i think it's not gonna play out that way though, and i think johnny gets whacked. those guys shooting into the suv were paulie's guys, the same ones who beat up the school principle. either he or tony sends them to whack johnny.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
If carmine were to get killed, it would be johnny sack that takes over, not little carmine.
johnny sack is carmine's underboss not little carmine.. little carmine doesn't even live in ny, he's down in miami
I disagree. Carmine was prepared to have Johnny Sack whacked (no funny rhyme intended) over the Ralphie situation... This isn't something you'd suggest happen to your heir. Carmine is in good health, as has been mentioned, but you can bet that he'd call Little Carmine in the moment he started feeling ill. Little Carmine is already preparing for the part of the Don. It amused me that when he described Tony on the golf pitch he was more accurately describing himself.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
well if carmine where to get wacked, johnny sack is next in line to take over. carmine can't choose his son as the next boss if he's killed.
now like you said, if he's sick, on his deathbed. etc.. then fine he can choose who he wants.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I thought that, unless there's an heir apparent, all the capos will pick the new boss. Isn't that how Junior became boss after Jackie Aprile died?

Anyway, I took the conversation between Johnny Sack and Tony to mean that Johnny intended to whack Carmine.

And yeah, it was a huge revelation to Paulie that Johnny Sack was playing him. Every conversation he had with Johnny was "Carmine thinks the world of you" and Paulie was contemplating switching over to the NY family, and then to discover that Carmine didn't even recognize the name.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
well if carmine where to get wacked, johnny sack is next in line to take over. carmine can't choose his son as the next boss if he's killed.
Exactly, but Johnny Sack can't just whack Carmine - the other bosses wouldn't stand for it. That's why he wants to make a scapegoat out of Tony by playing him off against Carmine.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
Exactly, but Johnny Sack can't just whack Carmine - the other bosses wouldn't stand for it. That's why he wants to make a scapegoat out of Tony by playing him off against Carmine.
i agree.. this is not what we are talking about, you said earlier that carmine wouldn't pick johnny to be his heir, i was just saying that this point is moot because if carmine gets wacked.. he's not going to be doing much of anything after that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think that sack was hinting for tony to kill carmine.

these guys never come right out and say it for the big jobs they always seem to hint at it.

thats why tony reacted the way he did.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
i think that sack was hinting for tony to kill carmine.
agreed.. i don't think tony will do anything though against sack.. i have a feeling he might approach carmine and tell him..
then carmine will owe tony a favor..

even though sack and tony have been friends for a while, tony wasn't happy at all with how sack was acting towards ralphie.. and since tony is now blaming ralph for his dissapearance.. it all works out for tony.

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Does anyone know the artist and name of the song that's playing in Meadow's apartment in the beginning of her dinner with Tony and Carmella? Thanks.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
For those of you of the 'Meadow or Janice as head of family' camp; notice that the closing song was "Sisters are doing it for themselves."

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
For those of you of the 'Meadow or Janice as head of family' camp; notice that the closing song was "Sisters are doing it for themselves."
actually it wasn't that song - at least i don't think it was.

although it was sung by annie lennox i think it's called "birdy". something about "i look up to the sky to see the bird fly so high" or something like that.

i have it on some compilation cd somewhere.

Colin-H

Second Unit
Those curious in the past should note that Joe Pantoliano wasn't listed in the credits this week.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Anyone else notice the mug shot of a young Sinatra on the wall of office in the Bing? (And why aren't there more scenes of the front of the Bing? ;)
Mug Shot

Does anyone know the artist and name of the song that's playing in Meadow's apartment in the beginning of her dinner with Tony and Carmella? Thanks.
I remember it was The Shins but the exact song I have no idea, but download.....buy the whole cd, its wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks