Sopranos Season 3 -- REVISED ON DVD?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_WM, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I thought this would be something worth mentioning.

For those of you that remember, Christopher's girlfriend Adrianna, was being tailed by the FBI at the end of the season. She was "befriended" by some girl who is really an FBI informant. In the original TV run, this girl was played by Fairuza Baulk. In the DVD, Fairuza is gone and is replaced by some new girl!

Anyone hear anything about this replacement?

2. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

Due to the long amount of time between seasons Fairuza's availability changed so they had to recast the part. Since her character was only in two scenes they refilmed it and replaced it when the episodes reran a few months ago. This has been covered here before in more detail so if you do a search you'll find out more.

3. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

They should have had the Fariuza footage as an extra.

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yup, it was like that in the re-broadcasts on HBO as well. It was complete with some pretty crappy editing!

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah I would have like the original Scenes for the DVD but since this has been redone for HBO since the Actress left what can you do.

6. Chris Knox

Chris Knox Stunt Coordinator

Speaking of editing...

Am I the only one that noticed that Tony's mother's appearance in episode 2 of the third season (Tony visits her just before she dies) is completely fabricated? The real actor must have already passed away as the scene where her and Tony are discussing the stolen plane tickets because she is an insert. It is obvious because her color is all wrong and doesn't look right in the scene. She was obviously mapped in from another scene in a prior season. I also noticed her size proportions in the chair that she is sitting in is all wrong.

Chris

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Chris, while I watched that scene I came to the same realization, and so did my wife. We decided that it was done rather well, and commented that besides us and perhaps a few dozen HTFers, noone would pick up on it. :wink:
    I do recall hearing that the actress died while that stuff was filming. I wasn't paying attention to the series yet at the time though; we hadn't discovered it on DVD up til then, IIRC. So the "Next on" sequences actually had us guessing a bit, though it wasn't hard to guess well.
    It makes me wonder how the writers planned to move forward with the airline ticket thing and their entire relationship if she hadn't passed away. Well...I'm satisfied with the show as it is. No spoilers, now...we are only up to the 3rd disc in set 3...and we don't have HBO! :p)
    So why am I even in this thread? [​IMG] Ah, well...I already knew about the Baulk replacement from an Entertainment Weekly blurb.