What's new

Sopranos Season 3 DVD????? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The missus and I got through watching Season 2 this very afternoon.
When it was done, we were already moaning that we couldn't wait 10 months for Season 3!!! :frowning:
We'll get by, but DAMN it was good! Especially the next-to-last one. Wow! :eek: Great stuff,
"Not in the face, alright?"

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeppers the next to last ep of season 2 was fantastic, everyone always says it was so good that they were let down by the final ep. But this is the Sopranos MO if you look at seasonone it was the same way. TheNext to last ep is always a gangbuster and the final ep is very low key. I kinda like it that way. I Have two more eps to go with this set, season 2 was definately the shows best season, so many good eps, I love the one where they go to Italy, and the ep where Chris goesto Acting School is fantastic, as is the ep written by the Actor when Pauli goes to the Psychic, I love Pauli's Description of Hell. "Hell is Hot, Everyone knows that"

Blu

Screenwriter
Season 3 was ok but they sure did leave a LOT of storylines hanging. For example the Charles Dutton storyline, Meadow's experience in college (ongoing no doubt) Hopefully they will revisit the crazy russian chase near the end of the season, Chris's problems with Paulie. Help me out, I know there is a big one I'm overlooking...

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Season 3 was ok but they sure did leave a LOT of storylines hanging. For example the Charles Dutton storyline, Meadow's experience in college (ongoing no doubt) Hopefully they will revisit the crazy russian chase near the end of the season, Chris's problems with Paulie. Help me out, I know there is a big one I'm overlooking...
ARRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Not again!
OK, Season 3 intentionally kept all those plot threads hanging; they will all be resolved in Season 4. David Chase and Co. have said that many times.
Sorry about the above, by the way; it's just that I've heard this criticism of S3 so much it drives me up the wall! :)

Blu

Screenwriter
I'll believe it when I see S4 and am pleasantly surprised with the resolutions.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
When it comes to TV Series, R2 almost always beats R1 to the punch. Friends, the West Wing, South Park...

Jodee

Screenwriter
HBO started showing The Sopranos re-runs from the beginning in August, I believe. They are currently in season 2; I think it will be the end of February or March before Season 3 starts. I'll definitely be setting my ReplayTV for these episodes so I don't have to wait until November to see them. That way I will be all caught up before Season 4 starts in the fall.

The re-runs air Sunday nights at 8pm.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I think Season 3 will start showing on HBO again sooner... maybe in a few weeks? They were on the episode where Paulie Walnuts goes to that psychic meeting last Sunday. I think that was episode 23. If that is correct, today is #24, so in four weeks is when they'll start showing season 3 again (Sundays). I know I'll be watching! I hate watching television every week, but after watching the first two seasons on DVD I got HBO because I couldn't wait till November 2002!

~mike

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Watching my S3 DVDs this week I noticed that the Pine Barrens episode may be incorrectly flagged for playback on progressive machines. Every other episode looks like it should (widescreen), but this episode shows up on my TV as fullscreen.

Anyone else notice this?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Travis. It must just be my copy. It plays in letterboxed widescreen mode on my non-progressive player, but when I play it on my progressive set-up it goes full screen.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks