What's new

Sopranos: David Chase Fuming Over "Leak" (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!) (1 Viewer)

John_VI

Second Unit
I heard on the radio this morning that David Chase is vehemently denying stories that one of the "important" characters on the Sopranos will not survive the season. I know there's been some discussion here and on other forums regarding this possibility, and the radio story I heard this morning named the character that would be "leaving" the show. I don't want to put the name into a thread, even with spoilers, but has anyone else heard these rumors/stories?

And if it turns out to be true, why would Chase lie about it by denying the stories? You'd think that he would have had a planned response to this kind of news getting "out". It doesn't seem (to me, at least) that lying about it will make it go away.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I heard this on another forum. I guess if it's true, he's denying it hoping most people will not pay attention to it. It's rather bad news as this was one of my favorite characters from day one.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
C'mon folks, don't be a tease. Wrap some spoiler bars around the char's name and let us all in on it. Otherwise, how can we discuss it?

If someone doesn't want to know, no one can force them to highlight it...

John_VI

Second Unit
Apparently a well placed source inside the production company leaked the news in the past few days. I heard this morning that that person's job may be in jeopardy because of the leak. With news of this magnitude, I'd like to ask the opinion of the Forum Moderator as to whether to include the character's name w/spoilers. I don't want to overstep my bounds. What say you, Mr. Moderator?

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Just say it. If you put it in spoilers I don't see how you are in anyway violating any forum rules.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
why do we need to spoiler it. everyone knows what this thread is about and it says possible spoilers on the top.

if i knew i would just post it.

Ike

Screenwriter
Adriana

They were talking about this this morning on Imus. Apparently one of their staff said it on air. They sort of ruined it more because they confirmed it, then kept saying who it was.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hmmm. I did not hear it on Imus, but rather read some posts on a Sopranos Forum. Over there they said that the person to be whacked was:

Silvio

And that is who I was referring to in my earlier post.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
The girl makes more sense to me since she will be playing Joey's sister on the Friend's spinoff.

AndrewG

Grip
Adrianna
makes more sense, but that is why Silvio
would be much more of a spoiler. I don't think we can see it coming, and more importantly why.

Ike

Screenwriter
I may be completely wrong. I was only half listening to the radio, and it may have been a bit or something. I have not heard the Silvio
thing.

John_VI

Second Unit
Okay, since others have weighed in - including a reference above that SHOULD have included a spoiler - I'll confirm that I heard that it was Adrianna
. I haven't heard about Silvio
, although that would be even better, depending on the reason.

If it were Silvio, then it could be explained as Johnny Sacks taking major revenge on Tony S. for the hit on Joey Peeps.

And just to be clear, I did not hear that Adrianna
was going to be killed, just that the character would be leaving the show. If the character is killed, my bet would be that they find out about her talking to the Feds and either Chris beats her to death in a blind rage, or is forced to put a bullet in her head in a tearful goodbye.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I believe the filming schedule for the Sopranos is different than network TV series plus I think filming for the Sopranos is already complete for this season so it wouldn't prevent an actor or actress from working on both. I could be wrong.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Whacking Silvio would be a MAJOR act of war, unlike the sneaky stuff John S was doing last weekend.I cant see that happening

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I read somewhere that this originally was supposed to be the final season. Then, when they signed on for the 10 episodes next season, they had to consider bringing back a character who had been gotten rid of this season, that person being the first spoiler mentioned above.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^Actually Season 4 was originally supposed to be the final Season. They should have stuck to the four year plan, because everything is being dragged out.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Just to prove that you can't believe everything you hear/read, one of the above names is alive and well. The other is not, but hardly unexpected.

Occasionally false leaks with just a grain of truth are issued to throw people off the trail.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks