What's new

Sopranos Anyone???? (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
This is the first time we'll have HBO and not have to wait for the DVD's and try in vain to avoid spoilers.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Mike,

I just didn't like how the season ended with the whole NY storyline not going anywhere, and the season finally pushing the breakup between Tony and Carm... Just didn't make for a good ending for season 4!!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Matter of taste, I suppose. I thought the ending of season 4 was one of the best in the series.

IMO, the real challenge for Sopranos viewers is their own expectations, which will vary from viewer to viewer. David Chase has made it clear in interview after interview (most recently last weekend in the Times) that he hates the predictability and formulaic nature of network TV. The one thing you can expect from Sopranos is that whatever expectations you bring to the viewing probably won't be fulfilled. Something else will happen instead -- and not just a random "something else" (which is the great weakness of shows like 24 and Alias) but something that flows naturally and organically out of previous events -- but you still never saw it coming.

I keep watching the show because I want to be surprised, and I'm usually not disappointed.

M.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I agree Michael. Last season was excellent, despite the complaints of those who wanted more Godfather/Goodfellas stuff. And that last episode was perhaps the BEST of the entire series.

To me the show is about the Soprano family and the Mob, not the Mob and the Soprano family.

My friend went to the premiere at Radio City Music hall where they showed the first two episodes and he said they were great.

Can't wait for Sunday night. In HD to boot!:b

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon

Na!! I can watch Days of our Lives for Season 4 like drama!!!! HEHHEEH Joke Alert!!!!! Don't take that seriously and report the post!!!!! :D

We all have different taste.... We all come out of a movie or Tv show a little different....

I hope we all enjoy this season fellas...

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
have y'all seen the promo pic for season 5?
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos
pretty cool. can anyone tell who the whacked person on the ground to the far right is? i know its ralphie, pussy and gloria on the ground but who is the fourth?

LewB

Screenwriter
Ok, I'll agree that the last identifiable dead person is Richie. But what about the naked bodies that also appear to be dead outside the boat ? From left to right I see a brunette who I think looks like Meadow, a blonde who could be Ade and the one on the right looks like a bald guy with glasses (Junior).

Let the mind games begin...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

I've had the advantage of seeing this graphic in much larger versions (the giant billboard in Times Square and a promo insert included in last weekend's NYTimes). Those figures are generic and unidentifiable. You can project lots of people onto them, and I'll bet that's precisely the point.

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: For Meadow fans, check out this month's new FHM (Jamie-Lynn Discala is the cover girl). She's definitely lost whatever baby fat she had in the past while on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks