Sopranos 2nd Season Iforgot how good it was

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    The 3 eps I watched tonight fromthe 1st disk flew by like itlasted 15 min. That's ow this show is you couldeasily sit there and watch the whole box set. The 3rd season was uneven compared to the 1st two, however the "Pine Barrens" ep almost made upfor it. I'm almost coming up to the Robert Patrick eps where he plays the neighbor intoTony for many Boxes of Ziti ! He was really good in these shows.

HBO need to step up these releases and while your at it the 1 1/2 years between seasons are a bit much as well. Bring on the Sopranos !

2. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Yeah, I recently finished watching the S2 DVDs. This show has to be by far the best show ever on US TV. As I remember it S3 was just as good as the first 2, but I would definately agree that they need ot step up the release of the DVDs. As it is we have to wait until September for S4! Ack! The Pine Barrens ep. is one of my faves too.

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Yeah, I flew through my set as well. I don't get HBO so these "Sopranos" box sets are new experiences for me. I watched the last 6 eps in one day! (Thank goodness it was the holidays.)

4. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

Its really weird being from this area of NJ and watching it. All the places that I frequent or know of their geographical location (I.E pass every day on the way to work) are used. In fact the building I work in is seen in the opening credits just as Tony Soprano leaves the Lincoln Tunnel in the opener and takes the exit around to I495. [​IMG]
    definitly my favorite purchase of the year
    Any word on season 3?
    -D

5. Henry Colonna

Henry Colonna Stunt Coordinator

My parents gave me Season 1 and Season 2 for Christmas. Season 4 in September? That must be on TV. I don't think Season 3 DVD is out yet is it? Based on the current schedule, season 3 will be out on DVD in October/November.

By the way, I am enjoying the show tremendously as well. I swear I have noticed a couple of moments when Tony's screaming something awful at someone that either he or the person he's screaming at almost started laughing. I wish I had written down exactly what I'm seeing but I didn't. Anyone noticed a couple of moments (not very often) during some intense stuff that they probably should have done a retake?

Also, another comment, is that on Season 2 (ive watched 3 eps so far), they are really close to turning Tony into a totally unsympathetic character. If they go much further then the show will not be as enjoyable. Maybe the point is that he needs his therapy, I don't know (don't spoil it.) But they're walking a fine line. As soon as Tony becomes totally unsympathetic I will lose interest. Last night he got into an argument with his sister and threw a whole bowl of cereal on the floor and it's obviously everywhere. I'm really starting to think that I don't give a crap about him any more, and that means I will lose interest.

It's funny that he can disgust me when he throws cereal on the floor but I can watch him kill someone with a family and kind of forgive him for that. :-]

Maybe *I* need a shrink, huh. :-]

6. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

For anyone who is interested...Sopranos Season 4 episode filming will take place at aqueduct racetrack in NY tomorrow the 7th (totally off the subject but I figured people would get a kick out of it who live nearby)

-D

7. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

HBO rules!

I don't have cable so television is basically crap. It's clear that HBO is doing stuff that no one else is comeing close to (did you catch the AFI's last night?). So you would expect HBO to be totally fascist and never release this stuff to DVD, forcing people to subscribe if they want to see the best show on television. But they don't. Instead they release wonderfull DVD box sets that supply hours and hours of wonderfull entertainment. Can't wait to see a Band of Brothers, or Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD.

8. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

I love this show as well and agree that the episodes just fly by. I have to restrain myself from watching more than one at a time. My favorite S2 episode thus far is "The 'D' Girl" but I have only watched a little better than half of the season.