What's new

Sophia Coppola in TPM? Where? (1 Viewer)

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I was watching the credits and noticed that Sophia Coppola was in the movie. Who did she play? And don't just tell me the name, because I can get that from the credits. Describe the character if you know.
Also, who played the Queen's decoy? The only person listed as Queen Amidala is Natalie Portman.
Thanks.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I believe Portman also played the decoy.
[Edited last by Patrick_S on October 20, 2001 at 11:30 PM]

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
She played Saché, not Sabé. I thought I found a pic of her, but that turned out to be another handmaiden.
And the decoy queen (Sabé) was played by Keira Knightley, who was recently seen in the made-for-TV Princess of Thieves.
------------------
My DVD collection
[Edited last by Kristian on October 21, 2001 at 12:52 AM]

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Ah...I thought the decoy queen looked different from Natalie Portman! But I wasn't sure...too much makeup. The nose seemed different however. :)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Sofia Coppola should be very happy because since everybody's acting is horrible in TPM, she has gone unnoticed!
laugh.gif

[Edited last by Sam Davatchi on October 21, 2001 at 10:31 AM]

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Ok, so Keira Knightley is the Queen most of the time, while Natalie Portman runs around in a red robe. But Sache? (and how did you get the accent mark over that name?) I don't recall that any of them were ever called by name. Can you tell me a specific scene where I will be able to pick out Sophia? (and yes, I mean in Episode 1, not Godfather III :) ) Thanks.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Sophia didn't go completely unoticed as she earned a nomination for worst supporting actress at the Golden Rasberry Awards. I doubt they could spot her either (I never have) and just wanted to say one more time how bad an actress she can be (but a mighty promising director).

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Stacy: You can get the 'é' one of several ways.
If you use Windows, hold down the ALT key and press 0233 (with Num Lock on), then release the ALT key.
You can also use HTML code to do it, like é or é
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
And if you use Windows, you can just go to Character Map in System Tools and copy it from there.
"I don't recall that any of them were ever called by name. Can you tell me a specific scene where I will be able to pick out Sophia? (and yes, I mean in Episode 1, not Godfather III ) Thanks"
You're right, they were never called by name. As for a specific scene... well, her character didn't accompany the Queen to Tatooine and Coruscant, so you can probably see her if you pause the film during the early Naboo scenes where all the handmaidens are seen.
------------------
My DVD collection
[Edited last by Kristian on October 21, 2001 at 02:45 PM]

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Chapter 11, 0:23:59
Sofia is the 2nd orange-draped maiden from the left.
Chapter 12 0:28:30
Sofia is the maiden standing at the left of the screen.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Has anyone done a freeze-frame on some of the grandstands in the pod-race scenes? I seem to remember hearing that you can see Bugs Bunny somewhere in the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks