SonyVW11HT vs. Sharp 9000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BartKennedy, Mar 2, 2002.

1. BartKennedy

BartKennedy Auditioning

Replacing an old CRT with new front projection in a basement HT. Lighting is not a problem. Which projector will give me the best set up for DVD and HDTV? Also I looked at the pricing from PriceJapan.Com. Any concerns about quality and warranty when buying from this source?

2. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Picturewise I'm sure the Sharp will win. Whether or not it is worth the price difference is more up to debate.

Had I the money, I'd be buying the Sharp.

As for getting it from Pricejapan - from what I've read, the seller is serious, but of course there may be issues with having to ship the projector back halfway across the globe should it fail or be faulty.

3. BartKennedy

BartKennedy Auditioning

thanks for the advice on the Sharp. I may not be able to go that high with a higher price that the PriceJapan but I dont want major problems returning it either. Any other recommendations for the best projector under $5,000??

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Well, the Sony and its arch-enemy [​IMG] Sanyo PLV-60 are both solid choices I think, with the exception of black level. Especially as you're coming from a CRT you might find it objectionable, I would guess. You definitely need to audition them first before you buy.
    Why not go with another CRT?
    This Zenith looks like a good deal to me, but I'm hardly a CRT expert! The price and specs look pretty good though.