What's new

Sony's new KF 50 610 WE - Any Comments? (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Saw this new for 2004 LCD 50" rear projection Grand Wega from Sony - and I was gearing up to buy Toshiba's 34" direct view widescreen TV but I have now set my sights on the Sony instead. I think it has a great looking image compared to other RPTVs etc.and is priced competively as well. anybody else have opinions on this unit? The fact that it has a fairly compact depth and only weighs around 80 lbs. also helps. Available in 42" and 60" display size as well. Sorry I misspelled the model number - it is KF50WE610.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Brent - there have been lots of threads on this TV. Its referred to most often as the Sony GWIII. VERY good reviews all around. I'm not a Sony guy but I'm probably going to go with the 50" unless Samsung drastically cuts prices in the next couple of weeks.

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still loving mine :) Watching Blade II on high def movie network right now, in fact. No headache-inducing rainbows, and more real colours to my eyes than the DLP. Great, great set...

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
Brent,
I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I joined to find more information on this exact model. Well, About 2-3 weeks after reading some reviews,opinions and advise I bought it. I'm no expert. But, I know what I like.
I couldn't be any happier with my purchase. There are a bunch of threads on this model and the new Grand Wega III's. Most of the ones I read were positive. I decided that personal preference is the deciding factor though.

Best movie I've watched on it so far?
"Legend-Ultimate Edition" (directors cut)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks