Sony's new DVPNS975V

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Andy_Hamric, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Andy_Hamric

Andy_Hamric Stunt Coordinator

Thought I'd throw this tidbit out since I received it in an email from the Director of Operations at SonyAwards. I just ordered the current 685 5-disc SACD/DVD changer from them with awards points I had at work. Here's what they told me:

"This model [685] does not discontinue until June with the replacement model DVPNS975V not releasing until September. At this time we do not have a spec sheet for this replacement model. It will be a silver model with SACD/DVD/Cd Player. There is no pricing currently available either."

Not much but something to look for. Reports on this forum indicate it will upconvert DVD out to 720p/1080i and will be able to output via HDMI.

2. Andy_Hamric

Andy_Hamric Stunt Coordinator

Well, so far I'm not terribly impressed with SonyAwards. They had none of these [current 685]players in stock. I'm still waiting to get one. I heard from them yesterday that normal allocation was between the first and fifteenth of the month, and that those that get allocated in the first half of the month ship sometime in the second half of the month. Mine hasn't even been allocated yet.

Oh well, when you're only spending $60.00 out of pocket for it, you can't be a chooser I guess.