Sony's NEW "700" Series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donnie Seals, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Donnie Seals

Donnie Seals Agent

(loooong time lurker, first time poster)
    IN MY OPINI0N, Sony makes the best TV's.
    I'm still doing my research on a widescreen TV, and I was just about set on the Pioneer Elite 53" set till' I saw an ad for Sony's new "700" series. Anybody know anything on it? Is it worth waiting for?
    Here's what I'm looking at so far...
    Sony KP57WV700
    Hitachi HIT 61SWX10B
    Pioneer SD-533HD5

2. James Stierman

James Stierman Stunt Coordinator

The sony is basically the same as their basic series with the added uniform brightness screen that will only be a plus if you are going to be view on off angles. Also it has a better screen that it supposed to absorb alto more glare. The hitachi swx series has awesome clarity. The 61 is no longer made, so if you find it, it should be cheap. This year they are making it in a 51, 57, and 65 inch models due out in the next week or 2. Also hitachi is coming out with their "directors series" (XWX) in the same sizes that will have a built in HD and digital cable tuner, DVI, IEEE, and a special screen that absorbes 80 percent of the light in your room. I don't really know much about the pioneer, so i won't venture a guess on it.

James

3. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

Donnie,
    I should be able to tell you about the KP-65WV700 when it is delivered tomorrow night.

4. Wes Stover

Wes Stover Stunt Coordinator

I am very interested too! Need more info..... [​IMG]

5. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

6. Donnie Seals

Donnie Seals Agent

Thanks for the info. The Hitachi is looking better and better the more I read about it. I'm thinking of visiting both Circuit City and ABT Electronics in the next month or so to talk with a representative.