What's new

SONY's 34" FD Trinitron WEGA XBR HDTV- their LAST CRT?? (1 Viewer)

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I no longer see CRTs on Sony's website, and I'm wondering if the KD-34XBR970 is their last one made. If so, that's pretty sad, expecially since the LCDs and Plasmas I've seen so far haven't impressed me.

I've seen this model on sale in a couple of places (ranging from about $599 to $699) and I'm wondering if anyone recommends this TV over an LCD or Plasma.

I'm tempted to rush out and get one before they're all gone, but frankly, the size and weight of this TV are holding me back. Once you put it someplace- it's there.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
If that is true it is very sad :frowning: I hate seeing CRT getting phased out when digitals still can't make a real black. I'll be hanging on to my G70 for a very, very long time.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Indeed. Unfortunately, it seems to be true. It's the end of an era and a mistake, IMO. I don't mind being forced into a new technology if it's a change for the better- but I don't think that's the case here.

BTW- I have a Sony 7" B&W solid state AC/DC made in 1975- and it still works. It's the only way I can watch TV when the cable and/or power goes out- how's that for irony! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks