Sony4es or Outlaw 1050 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by anthony_b, Jul 29, 2003.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I'm about to purchase a new reciever and the feature that draws me the most to the Sony is the two 5.1 inputs for both of my sacd and dvd-a units. On the other hand I hear that the OUTLAW 1050 is a very decent receiver for $499.

Which one would you pick for 50/50 (ht and music)? my budget is $600.

2. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

I would go 4ES all the way. The outlaw 1050 is a good reciever but it is 2 or 3 years old. It is lacking many features when compared with the 4ES or just about any other reciever currently on the market.

Mark

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Yes, as good as the Outlaw is, technology has passed it by. You want the latest processing formats.

4. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Haha, I just upgraded from the 1050 to the 4ES about 2 weeks ago. The reason? Technology upgrade, plain and simple. I wanted DTS-ES and adjustable crossovers for the individual speakers which the 4ES offers but the 1050 does not. The sound quality comparison between them is very close which says a lot about the Outlaw at about 1/2 the price.

My take on the two of the is this: Buy the Outlaw if you want great build quality and sound quality without all of the bells and whistles at a reletively inexpensive price. Buy the Sony if you want great build and sound quality with all of the features and are willing to spend a bit more.

5. terence

terence Supporting Actor

My vote is for the 4ES as well, it has all the latest new formats + flexibility! The build and sound quality is tops, be patient save a little more and you wont regret it. I love mine.[​IMG] [​IMG]