What's new

Sony XBR250 Help (1 Viewer)

Real Name
stephenrabinowitz
Have a 4 year old Sony 36XBR250 that stills plays good. I noticed the down volume button on the set no longer works but still works with the remote. I have an extended warranty & called the service center, I was told by them that they must take the tv to the shop for it. My question is I am afraid that the moving & banging of the 200+lb set my do damage to the crcuitry, tube etc. Since the set is playing great otherwise would it be better to leave it alone or repair. I was told they have to take the whole set apart to get to the buttons.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Whew. I'd have the same reservations, because even factory-authorized service reps don't particularly care to treat someone else's property gently. Do you listen to the XBR's speakers often? If not, I'd probably let it pass. But you did pay for a fully functional Sony, and you have that extended warranty. So if you let them take the set, I'd make a formal inspection of it in the service tech's presence and insist that it not come back with any scratches or other blemishes.

Real Name
stephenrabinowitz
I used to listen with my home theater set up, but the damage I amworried about is what I can't see. It weighs 200+ & is quite unweildy. Not easy to transport. So far the remote controls everything good & I really never use the buttons but accidently tried it & found out NG. Who knows might have been that way from new. Also that one button has more travel then the other buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks