Sony XBR 400 and SAT HD 100

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Bach, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Dave Bach

Dave Bach Auditioning

I've got a Sony 36 XBR 400 and I am now considering a SAT HD 100 when then become available.
    But I currently have a Hughes HIRD E45 and a round Hughes dish. When I upgrade to the Sony HD 100, I will need to get an eliptical dish with it, but I still need to be able to run the Hughes box... should I go with the Sony eliptical dish or the Hughes eliptical dish?
    I think I read that the Sony dish can sometimes be troublesome with non-sony boxes, but that the Hughes dish was highly compatible across the board.
    Dave

2. Dave Bach

Dave Bach Auditioning

3. Scott MS

Scott MS Auditioning

The Sony dish is made by Channel Master, as are most of the eliptical dishes. If you're buying the SAT-HD100, why not get the Sony dish for the whole Sony experience!
    I bought the eliptical dish from Fry's Electronics two months ago for $150 and it's collecting dust waiting for the HD100.

4. Dave Bach

Dave Bach Auditioning

I would probably just go with the Sony dish, but just having the name "Sony" silk screened on it usually adds a premium.
    I've seen the RCA "24 dish online for $129... If they are all truly made by the same manufacturer, this may be a cheaper option, but anything under or around $150 seems acceptable.
    Dave