What's new

Sony, XBox, Game Cube... (1 Viewer)

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I am having a rough time finding Sony PS games for my kids so I think it might be time to get a new system. Any thoughts on which system is a better value. This gear will be hooked up to 13" tv, nothing fancy.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
In my opinion, it always comes down to preference and selection of games. Right now, I'm torn between the X-Box and the PS2. The graphics on the X-Box are better, but if the games aren't there, graphics mean nothing to me. For example, I have a Playstation and love(ed) it. N64 delivered better graphics, but the games and gameplay just weren't there, in my opinion.
As for the final decision, I would recommend visiting various sites and taking a look at what games are available. Decide which type of games you enjoy most and which would be available for which console. Also, you could travel to Wal*mart, Big K, Circuit City, and/or Best Buy and play some games and get a feel for each controller. I've found no one can really say what the better console is, as everyone seems to have a slight different opinion and taste. Get out there and see what you like... then go for it. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Frank, you may want to go visit the HTF Videogame forums - there's lots of gamers in there who'd be more than happy to help steer you in your decision :)

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the input. I think that we'll get the PS2 cuz the kids can still play their ps games on it.

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
If you are looking for a system for young children, then definitely go with the Gamecube. If you want superior performance and don't mind a small game selection, go with the X-box. If you want tons of games (mainly for adults), go with the PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread