Sony WV600 possible flicker problem?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ChadR, Sep 30, 2003.

1. ChadR

ChadR Auditioning

I purchased a Sony 57WV600 last September and up until about a week ago have been very pleased. While watching normal cable programming last week, I noticed a "flicker"... to describe it a little more think of a little slight shift in brightness lasting for a few seconds before returning to the original "brightness". I thought nothing of it at first, maybe just the particular channel I was watching... (changes channel)... hmm.. still doing it. "Well maybe its the cable.." Pop a dvd into my Sony 715p and same problem... Now its not horribly noticable, but noticable enough that my fiance' commented on it (this coming from a girl that didn't realize she had blown tweeters in her car). Is this the same flicker problem others have commented on when I searched for "flicker"? Some posts mentioned it wasn't supposed to happen with the WV series. Should I try to get one of those monster cable power conditioner units? I purchased the Sony from Conn's and luckily bought a 3yr ext warranty, so I guess I should start there. Just wanted to be armed with some information so I know if they are giving me the run around..

Sorry for the long post, just kinda upset about the situation.
    Thanks guys!

2. Michael_JB

Michael_JB Extra

Sounds like the flicker and nope, all sony projection tv's from 2002 are affected.

3. ChadR

ChadR Auditioning

Hmm, so they should't look at me stupid when I explain the problem then? Any online documentation I can arm myself with? Or should I just scream and yell and tell them to shove this tv up their #%$@#$! ?? haha Sorry had to vent.

4. Michael_JB

Michael_JB Extra

Well... You probably don't want any advice from me since they have pretty much screwed me over but for all the information you will ever need check out the Sony forum at hometheaterspot.com

5. ChadR

ChadR Auditioning

dang.. you were right... more information than I would ever want to know about this problem. I feel awful, to drop all that hard earned money on something that turns out to be a POS. Thanks for the help.

6. Rain

Rain Producer

I had the flicker on my KP51WS500. After much hub-bub, Sony finally agreed to replace the CRTs. This was back in January.

The TV was fine for several months, but recently the flicker returned. Sony currently has my TV and they are claiming there is no problem with it.

I'm really at my wits end here. How can Sony get away with screwing over so many customers, especially when the problem is so wide spread. There must be some recourse.

I guess my next step is to take them to small claims court. The problem there is that the flicker is intermittent, not constant, so it will be difficult for me to "show" the problem to anyone.

[​IMG]

7. Michael_JB

Michael_JB Extra

Yep, same problem for me Rain. They say there is nothing wrong with it. HA